Sunday, April 17, 2022

John 3:16 - "What If"


Easter Sunday...woo hoo! Today is a great day of celebration for all believers. But shouldn't every day be a day of celebration? My heart grew heavy yesterday as I read invitations to various churches. Shouldn't we be inviting people to church every Sunday? Before going to bed, during the night, and again this morning I prayed for pastors who would have full churches today. I prayed for pastors who would be disappointed in low attendance today. There is an anticipation in having a larger gathering on Easter but there is also the reality that if people aren't invited, they won't come. I prayed for pastors of small churches that can't compete with the activities of larger churches. I prayed for pastors of large churches who are overwhelmed with all of the activities of the season. I prayed for people who will walk in the doors of a church for the first time in awhile. I prayed for people who go to church every Sunday yet they do not live for the Lord the other days of the week. So much praying but perhaps the greatest prayer of all was the one of thanks to my Heavenly Father for the sacrifice of His Son. If Jesus had not died on the cross and rose again, we would not be here today. I often say I do not want His actions to go in vain in my life. I know I have to get better at sharing Him with others. I know I have to find ways to do that so people will desire to have Him in their life. I know I need to get better at setting an example of what it means to be a follower of Christ. Plain and simple. I know and I need to do better living that knowledge out. There are times I miss opportunities put before me. Shame on me. I am thankful God is a loving, forgiving God who gives more chances to do His will. This morning the words to "What If" that Matthew West sings is going through my mind. 

What if today's the only day I got?
I don't wanna waste it if it's my last shot
No regrets in the end
I wanna know I got no what ifs
I'm running till the road runs out
I'm lighting it up right here right now
No regrets in the end
I wanna know I got no what ifs, yeah

I do not want to get to the end of my life with regrets of what I did or did not do. Instead I desire to live in God's will. I desire to live in His presence 24/7 so I can do His will. The more I live in this manner the more I will be successful living for Him. The desires of His heart will be the desires of my heart as I allow Him to be Who He desires to be in my life. I will be who He desires of me as I allow Him to live in and through me.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and for the privilege of the day ahead! Lord, my heart hurts for many who are missing out on what You desire of them. Cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You. May people see/hear You instead of me. I pray for many who are hurting due to the loss of loved ones, relationships in turmoil, are dealing with a disease, etc. May all find Your peace today. My Momma; Ben; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Little Jensen who needs a heart; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; Serena and her husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Pastor Sam; Mary Lilley; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; families in turmoil; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments... Doug and Gay; Patty's daughter Tracy; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; Debbie's husband Kelly; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Patti Perkins; Betty's husband; my friend with mesothelioma; Dorothy's grandson; Little Ivy; and my friend who has upcoming radiation treatments. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor, Russ and his family, Baby Henry and his family, Crystal and her family, the Long Family, and Christina and her family. I pray for all our military and their families to lean into Your strength. I pray for Larry Amstutz to have open doors as he seeks new employment and for Kim with PT. I pray for Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself as we adjust to life without my Rickey. As I made food yesterday for today my thoughts turned to him and how he enjoyed my cooking. Oh how I miss having him in my life. Thank You for being My Savior! Amen.

No comments: