Sunday, April 3, 2022

John 3:16 - "Sunday Sermons"


Before going to bed, during the night, and again this morning God had me praying for pastors. Specifically He had me praying for pastors who have no idea what they are preaching this morning. I cannot begin to imagine being in that situation. I pray I never have to experience such a time yet I know my faith would be stretched through the process. God had me praying for pastors to be in relationship with Him so they not only hear Him but have the desire to walk in obedience to His will. He woke me with Anne Wilson's song "Sunday Sermons" going through my head. I love the way He speaks to me.

Every one of those Sunday sermons
Every time that choir would sing
I could hear my Savior calling, telling me how much He loves me
No matter what the world throws at me
I know His word is true
It all started with a heart stirring, spirit moving Sunday Sermon
Devil gonna try and take me out of that church
But you can't take the church out of me

I am thankful for God's love that sacrificed His One and Only Son for all of us to live. I am thankful for the knowledge His love is with me 24/7 and I need to share it. I am thankful He loves me even when I don't deserve it. Plain and simple. I am thankful. Woo hoo! This song reminds what people hear and/or experience in church can and will make a difference in their life. That difference can be a positive one or it can turn them away from the Lord. I pray I never say/do something to turn someone away from God. I know the enemy can do some powerful things by twisting words, making people think things not there, etc. God is more powerful. Some days I feel like I need to wear my shirt that tells the devil not today because he seems so real. It is on those days I remind myself my God is more real than the enemy ever could hope to be. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday with the MS walk, finding men at the church working when I got there, and my time with the Carrington's! You do so well in blessing me. Cleanse me so You can fill me. May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts in a mighty way. I pray for Your presence in all church services today and for pastors to truly listen to You. Lord, go before me with the Human Library Project this afternoon. I pray Your blessings on my presentation. I also pray Your peace over my day. I do not want to just get through it but desire to glorify You through it. I pray Your peace over many going through 'tough' days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Little Jensen who needs a heart; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; Serena and her husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Pastor Sam; Mary Lilley; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; families in turmoil; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments... Doug and Gay; Patty's daughter Tracy; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; Debbie's husband Kelly; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Patti Perkins; Tammie; Betty's friend in New York; my friend diagnosed with mesothelioma; Dorothy's grandson; Little Ivy; and my friend who has upcoming radiation treatments. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor, the Long Family, Baby Henry, June, Coley's Momma, and Christina and her family. I pray for all our military and their families to lean into Your strength. I pray for Larry Amstutz to have open doors as he seeks new employment. Lord, continue to be with Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself with 'tough' days without my Rickey with us. Once again yesterday You changed the radio station at a time I needed it. Oh how I miss him. Thank You for the memories! Thank You for being My Loving God! Amen.

No comments: