Wednesday, April 13, 2022

John 15; Psalm 19:7-9 - "I Am Yours"


I woke up with a song Need To Breathe sings called "I Am Yours" on my mind. I love the part about writing a love story about your life with God. He loves me so much and continually pours out His love on me. There is a part that goes....

If I had to write a story
Of the greatest love in time
I would have to sing of you
How I'm this branch and you're the vine
And the romance that we have, oh, it's easy by design
I was fortunate to find you, I'm still blown away you're mine

I sat in the sun yesterday and thought about how much God loves me. He provides what I need, sometimes before I even realize the need. He gives me His strength to do His will. He showers me with His love so I can love others. His wisdom is mine at all time. His joy is overwhelming at times. His peace is perfect. The part in the song about Him being the Vine and me being the branch is a perfect word picture. John 15 gives this word picture. It speaks about pruning a tree to have the best results. As I looked at the crepe myrtle tree Chris and I trimmed in February just as Doc had done each year I saw buds sprouting. I thought about how the crepe myrtle must be trimmed back to not get out of control. It must be trimmed back to shape it to be what God intended it to be. That is how we are. We must be 'trimmed back' or pruned so we can be who God has called us to be. If we do not allow Him to do so, we will not be capable of fulfilling John 15:9-17 to love one another. We also will not be capable of being in a romance with Him that will allow us to live as He desires. I am reminded of the words of King David in Psalm 19:7-9. They read in the NIV:

The law of the Lord is perfect, refreshing the soul.
The statutes of the Lord are trustworthy, making wise the simple.
The precepts of the Lord are right, giving joy to the heart.
The commands of the Lord are radiant, giving light to the eyes.
The fear of the Lord is pure, enduring forever.
The decrees of the Lord are firm, and all of them are righteous.

Yes! His Word is always there to encourage us. It gives us God's wisdom when we are struggling. It shows us what He desires of us when we are floundering in this world. He gave it to us for many reasons but the one I treasure the most is that it is His love story to me. 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the opportunities to love with Your love yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for the rest You provided yesterday after having the kids! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You be seen/heard in my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a mighty way. May Your joy and peace be experienced as I live the way You desire of me. I pray Your joy and peace over many going through difficult days. My Momma; Ben; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Little Jensen who needs a heart; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; Serena and her husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Pastor Sam; Mary Lilley; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; families in turmoil; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments... Doug and Gay; Patty's daughter Tracy; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; Debbie's husband Kelly; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Patti Perkins; Betty's husband and her friend in New York; my friend diagnosed with mesothelioma; Dorothy's grandson; Little Ivy; and my friend who has upcoming radiation treatments. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor, Russ and his family, Baby Henry and his family, Crystal and her family, the Long Family, and Christina and her family. I pray for all our military and their families to lean into Your strength. I pray for Larry Amstutz to have open doors as he seeks new employment and for Kim as she is in PT. I pray for Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself as we adjust to life without my Rickey. I was thinking about how this time last year I was anticipating his first visit to South Carolina. Thank You for all the memories we made in such a short time and for the healing that happened through him! Thank You for being My Gardener! Amen.

No comments: