Saturday, April 2, 2022

II Timothy 4:17-18 - "God Is Good"

 

I heard the song “God Is Good” on the way home last night and it stuck with me. He was good in giving me a fun evening with Mr. Jimmy and Mr. Eli. He was good in giving me rest last night. He was good in giving me the strength for the day ahead. “God Is Good” is a statement I always mean. Francesca Battistelli wrote about this song:

 

A few years ago a good friend of ours went through a devasting loss and I really wanted to write a song that would honor what he went through, really speak to that idea of how tragedy affects our lives. At one point or another it does affect us. I think if the last year and a half has taught us anything it’s that we’re not immune to difficult times. It’s been a hard season. This song has brought me a lot of comfort because through it all there’s one constant and that is that God is good.” 

 

“God Is Good” in the ‘good’ days and the ‘tough’ days. No matter what is going on in life we can look around and see someone going through something worse. This song speaks volumes to me.

 

Joy comes
Tears fall
I'm learning there is beauty in it all
It's not hard to find it
You just have to look
Oh, God is good

 

“God Is Good” when the enemy comes knocking at my door. I’m tired of fighting him but I know I cannot give up. I am tired of dealing with people and situations that are un-Christlike but I know it is part of life. Words can cut like a knife or they can build someone up. I am praying for some people who have hurt people with their words. I pray they will listen to God instead of the enemy. I am thankful for the words of II Timothy 4:17-18 and am standing on these words throughout the day.

 

Dear Jesus,

Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Cleanse me so You can fill me so I do not miss any opportunity You put before me. I pray for many going through 'tough' days to realize You are good no matter what. May they lean into Your strength. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Little Jensen who needs a heart; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; Serena and her husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Pastor Sam; Mary Lilley; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; families in turmoil; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments... Doug and Gay; Patty's daughter Tracy; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; Debbie's husband Kelly; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Patti Perkins; Tammie; Betty's friend in New York; Clay's friend; my friend diagnosed with mesothelioma; Dorothy's grandson; Little Ivy; and my friend who has upcoming radiation treatments. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor, the Long Family, Baby Henry, June, and Christina and her family. I pray for all our military and their families to lean into Your strength. I pray for Larry Amstutz to have open doors as he seeks new employment. Lord, continue to be with Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself with 'tough' days without my Rickey with us. May the memories we have be blessings. Thank You Jesus for being My Good! Amen.

 

No comments: