Monday, April 11, 2022

Psalm 90; Hebrews 13:15-16 - "He Owns The Cattle"


On the way home from the campground Saturday we came across a field of cows. I just had to get out and take pictures. We actually saw all kinds of 'farm' animals on our trip. Horses, donkeys, cows, roosters, ducks, goat, and sheep. Seeing the rolling hills was another plus of the trip. These things take me back to my childhood. Every time I see a field of cows I am reminded of the hymn "He Owns The Cattle." This hymn is about how God cares for all of His creation. He is such a good Father to all who will allow Him to be. He loves us greatly and desires us to live for Him. God took me to Psalm 90 this morning. I read it in different translations and settled into the VOICE. Verse fourteen spoke greatly to me. We need to celebrate every day no matter what is happening in life. We need to celebrate when life is 'good' and we need to celebrate when it is challenging. Verses fifteen through seventeen read in The Passion Translation:

We’ve been overwhelmed with grief;

come now and overwhelm us with gladness.

Replace our years of trouble with decades of delight.

Let us see your miracles again, and let the rising generation

see the glorious wonders you’re famous for.

O Lord our God, let your sweet beauty  rest upon us.

Come work with us, and then our works will endure;

you will give us success in all we do.


The Israelites had been through challenging days. They were ready for a change and knew they could not expect God to make their life different without themselves putting effort into the process. We need to have this same way of thinking. God is not going to give us 'good' days if we are not working toward them. I need to get better at praising God through not only the 'good' days but maybe even more importantly the challenging days. Matthew Henry wrote of how we need to not waste our days on temporal things but instead look toward the eternal. We have much to praise God for no matter what our circumstances. We can always look around and see someone going through something tougher than we are going through. I am reminded of the words of Hebrews 13:15-16. It reads in the VOICEThrough Jesus, then, let us keep offering to God our own sacrifice, the praise of lips that confess His name without ceasing. Let’s not neglect what is good and share what we have, for these sacrifices also please God. Yes! ...the praise of lips that confess His name without ceasing. This is where I will strive to live.


Dear Jesus,

Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! I praise You for the way You love on me so much and provide exactly what I need! I praise You for the way You cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You! Woo hoo! I praise You for the peace You give no matter what is happening in life! I praise You for being in charge of my life! Lord, may Your peace come down upon so many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Little Jensen who needs a heart; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; Serena and her husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Pastor Sam; Mary Lilley; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; families in turmoil; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments... Doug and Gay; Patty's daughter Tracy; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; Debbie's husband Kelly; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Patti Perkins; Betty's friend in New York; my friend diagnosed with mesothelioma; Dorothy's grandson; Little Ivy; and my friend who has upcoming radiation treatments. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor, Russ and his family, Baby Henry and his family, Crystal and her family, the Long Family, Coley's Momma, and Christina and her family. I pray for all our military and their families to lean into Your strength. I pray for Larry Amstutz to have open doors as he seeks new employment and for Kim as she is in PT. I pray for Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself to praise You through the hurt of no longer having my Rickey with us. Something as simple as singing "How Great Thou Art" in church brought back the memory of him playing it from Ohio while I sang it driving through downtown Beaufort. May the memories be healing. Thank You for being The One I Praise! Amen.


No comments: