Saturday, April 23, 2022

Psalm 71 - "Too Good To Not Believe"


God took me to Psalm 71 this morning. How appropriate to read about how God used times of troubles to bring David deeper in his faith. David trusted God through all that happened in his life. I can relate to David. I know God is always with me no matter what happens in life. Losing my Rickey so soon after him coming into my life was hard. The last few hours I spent with him were moments I will always treasure. I do not know if he heard what I said but the nurse encouraged me to talk to him so I did. One of the things I told him was that I would love on his children and grand babies as much as they would allow me. I promised him his grand babies would never forget him. It warmed my heart last night as Ruby Jean opened my locket to see our picture. It is something she does anytime I see her. Watching all four of the grand babies playing the drums, playing while Michael played the drums, etc. warmed my heart. I am one blessed lady to have this 'bonus' family in my life. I am so grateful each time we are together. I feel like I am closer to him as we talk about our memories and we make new ones. As I watched them interact last night I thought about how much my Rickey would love a family night. He would love having 'Barberton chicken' for dinner and being around them. Often he would talk about such times that he treasured. Psalm 71 was written when David was an old man. It saddens me that my Rickey did not get the privilege to grow old but it also makes me happy to think about him being with Jesus. My Momma keeps saying she doesn't know why she is still here but evidently God has a purpose for her. As long as we have breath on this earth we need to fulfill God's purpose in our lives. Verses five through eight show how David trusted the Lord. Verse five uses words like hope and confidence. Verse seven calls God my rock and my shelter. Verse eight is how I desire to live. My mouth overflows with praise to You and proclaims Your magnificence all day long. Verse fourteen is another verse that speaks of how I desire to live. But I will keep hope alive, and my praise to You will grow exponentially. Praise His Holy Name! I have experienced many times of trials in life as David spoke of in verse twenty and I also have experienced many times of restoration. I have said many times trials in life do not always come from the enemy. Some come from God to stretch our faith and empower us to trust Him more. I am so thankful for every trial that has taken my faith deeper. I am reminded of the words to a song called "Too Good To Not Believe"....

I've lived stories that have proved Your faithfulness
I've seen miracles my mind can't comprehend
There is beauty in what I can't understand
Jesus it's You, Jesus it's You


Dear Jesus, 
Thank You for my visit with my friend Janice and for my time last evening with my Rickey's family! Thank You for the way they love on me! I pray blessings over Anna, Michael, and Matt as we all continue to grieve. Thank You for the reminders of Psalm 71 You brought before me this morning! You are so good. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You instead of me today. I pray Your peace over many going through 'tough' times. I pray they will dig in deeper to trusting You. My Momma; Ben; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Little Jensen who needs a heart; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; Serena and her husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Pastor Sam; Mary Lilley; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; families in turmoil; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments... Doug and Gay; Patty's daughter Tracy; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; Debbie's husband Kelly; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Patti Perkins; Betty's husband; my friend with mesothelioma; Judy Link; Little Ivy; Dorothy's grandson; and my friend who has upcoming radiation treatments. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor, Russ and his family, Baby Henry and his family, Crystal and her family, the Long Family, and Christina and her family. I pray for Larry Amstutz to have open doors as he seeks new employment and for Kim with PT. I miss my Daddy so much and wish he were here celebrating his 97th birthday but I am thankful to know he is with you and out of pain. Thank You for being The One I Trust! Amen.

No comments: