Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Psalm 30 - "Come What May"

I woke up with a song We Are Messengers sings called "Come What May" going through my mind.  

In every high, in every low
On mountaintops, down broken roads
You're still my rock, my hope remains
I'll rest in the arms of Jesus
Come what may
Come what may

There is deep joy that You give to me
Where hurt meets the healing is a holy thing
I see goodness, Your goodness
In all things

Yes! God is with us no matter what our circumstances are in life. He is with us in the 'good' times and in the 'tough' times. I am so grateful for His presence in my life. I am grateful for the way He loves on me through others. I am grateful for times such as trips to Ohio when my calendar is packed full. Plain and simple. I am grateful. I know God has a purpose for me on this earth. I may not always know the particulars of my purpose but I know He desires me to love on others. The more i seek Him and walk in His will the more I will be empowered to fulfill His purpose in my life. I was reminded of Psalm 30 this morning that David wrote of thanksgiving for God's deliverance. Many times God delivered David from his enemies. Sometimes those enemies were people while other times they came in the form of physical ailments. I can say the same for myself. God has delivered me out of situations that involved people, health issues, deaths of loved ones, etc. David instructs us in this Psalm to praise God for all He has done for us. Verse five gives words of comfort. ...weeping may stay for the night but rejoicing comes in the morning (NIV). Yes! Woo hoo! I am so blessed with the promise found in verses eleven and twelve. I have experienced this many times and every time feel so blessed. You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, that my heart may sing your praises and not be silent. Lord my God, I will praise you forever. Woo hoo! Yes! Living in His joy and His peace is the best place to live. He is always with us and always ready to love us through hurtful times.

Dear Jesus, Thank You once again for all the ways You love me! Thank You for the laughter and conversation last night with Brent, Sheri, and Terri! Thank You for ten hours of sleep! Thank You for the way You are going to bless my time with Momma today with making new memories! Cleanse me so You can fill me. May people see/hear You instead of me. I pray Your peace/joy over: My Momma; Ben; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Little Jensen who needs a heart; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; Serena and her husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Pastor Sam; Mary Lilley; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; families in turmoil; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments... Doug and Gay; Patty's daughter Tracy; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; Debbie's husband Kelly; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Patti Perkins; Betty's husband; my friend with mesothelioma; Judy Link; Dorothy's grandson; Little Ivy; and my friend who has upcoming radiation treatments. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor, Russ and his family, Baby Henry and his family, Crystal and her family, the Long Family, and Christina and her family. I pray for all our military and their families to lean into Your strength. I pray for Larry Amstutz to have open doors as he seeks new employment and for Kim with PT. I pray for Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself as we adjust to life without my Rickey. As I took a cherry pie out of the oven yesterday I thought about the smile on his face as he enjoyed the last one I baked. Sometimes the memories hurt so much but I am thankful for each one of them. Thank You for being My Joy! Amen.

No comments: