Sunday, April 10, 2022

Romans 5 - "Fires"

I woke up with the song "Fires" sung by Jordan St. Cyr. This song shares my heart. God is so good to be with me and give me what I need every moment of every day. Yesterday He provided physical strength to do what was on the calendar. He provided rest last evening. He knows what I need and provides.

I'm changed by Your mercy
Covered by Your peace
I'm living out the victory
Doesn't mean I won't feel the heat

You've walked me through fires
Pulled me from flames
If You're in this with me
I won't be afraid

It is hard to believe it has been four months today since my Rickey left this earth. I became so comfortable with having him in my life after only a short time. Then he was taken from me. I do not know the 'whys?' of such circumstances but God does and that is all that matters. I am grateful for the time we had together and all the memories we made. Cait said yesterday we made the 700 mile separation work by constant communication. We talked and texted multiple times a day but always first thing in the morning and last thing at night. I miss those conversations. I especially miss having what he called 'talking me to church' on Sunday mornings. Sundays are so hard. I got used to having his phone call before church and then talking again after his practice in the afternoon. But I know those days are no longer part of my life. Once again I find myself figuring out how to be alone again. I have people surrounding me but it is different when you don't have a special person. I am reminded of the first few verses of Romans 5 this morning. Paul wrote in the VOICE:

Since we have been acquitted and made right through faith, we are able to experience true and lasting peace with God through our Lord Jesus, the Anointed One, the Liberating King. Jesus leads us into a place of radical grace where we are able to celebrate the hope of experiencing God’s glory. And that’s not all. We also celebrate in seasons of suffering because we know that when we suffer we develop endurance, which shapes our characters. When our characters are refined, we learn what it means to hope and anticipate God’s goodnessAnd hope will never fail to satisfy our deepest need because the Holy Spirit that was given to us has flooded our hearts with God’s love.

God's peace is what gets me through every day. His love is what gets me through seasons of suffering. His hope gives me the will to continue on living in obedience to Him. I am so thankful for all the ways He takes care of me and guides me. I am thankful for my 'bonus' family with Rickey's children and grandchildren. This picture was taken by Little Ruby Jean when we were out for my Rickey's birthday. God gave me them to love on me through the healing process and for that I am grateful. He is such a good, good God.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for safe travels yesterday, Cait's assessment going well, and my time with the kids! Thank You for my time of praying for pastors last night and again this morning! May all who go into the pulpit this morning be prayed up and ready to share what You have given them. Lord, I saw a saying the other day about being a 'Kingdom Pastor' and that is exactly what I desire to be. May You empower me to be who You have called me to be. Cleanse me so You can fill me. Father, I pray You will be with Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself as today is the four month anniversary of my Rickey leaving this earth. Enable us to bask in the good memories we have of him. Give us Your peace throughout this day. I also pray Your peace over: My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Little Jensen who needs a heart; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; Serena and her husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Pastor Sam; Mary Lilley; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; families in turmoil; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments... Doug and Gay; Patty's daughter Tracy; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; Debbie's husband Kelly; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Patti Perkins; Betty's friend in New York; my friend diagnosed with mesothelioma; Dorothy's grandson; Little Ivy; and my friend who has upcoming radiation treatments. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor, Russ and his family, Baby Henry and his family, Crystal and her family, the Long Family, Coley's Momma, and Christina and her family. I pray for all our military and their families to lean into Your strength. I pray for Larry Amstutz to have open doors as he seeks new employment and for Kim as she is in PT. Thank You for being My Peace! Amen.

No comments: