Sunday, April 24, 2022

Galatians 5:22-23 - "Great I Am"

God woke me up with the words to "Great I Am" going through my mind. What a great God He is in the way He loves on me. I am one blessed lady. Sometimes I think we all allow obligations to pull us away from focusing on Him in our lives. There is nothing wrong with doing things for others but there needs to be a balance of 'doing' and 'being.' There needs to be time for us to stop 'doing' and just 'be.' So many times I have heard Him speak to me when I stopped and listened. Distractions can be deafening to our ears. Oh how I pray for God to empower me to keep my focus on Him. The words to this song are words I keep in my heart...

I want to be near, near to Your heart
Loving the world and hating the dark
I want to see dry bones living again
Singing as one

Hallelujah, holy, holy
God Almighty, the great I AM
Who is worthy, none beside Thee
God Almighty, the great I AM

Yes! I love the part "I want to see dry bones living again..." That is the goal of my life. I desire to love on people so they will desire to have His love as I do. I desire to show people a life of peace and joy so they will desire to experience the same. I desire to bless God with my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts so He will bless me. Plain and simple. I desire to allow God to be Who He desires to be in me so I can be who He desires me to be. I am grateful for earthly parents who taught/teach me how to have great faith in God. Their lives were built on living for the Lord no matter what the circumstances. The fruit of the Spirit flows/flowed from them because of their relationship with Him. I know there are many who do not have such a legacy to look back on. I also know we do not have to continue to live away from Him no matter what our life has been. He is always ready with open arms to love on us.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for my Momma who loves me and most importantly loves You! Thank You for my time yesterday with Anna, Michael, Matt and my Rickey's family! Thank You for Will and Sandy who picked me up from the airport! You bless me in so many ways and for that I am grateful. Father, may every pastor who goes into the pulpit this morning be filled with You. May all live in a way they are listening to You to give what You desire them to speak. May Your peace and joy be experienced by many going through 'tough' days. My heart goes out to Pastor Sam, Candy, and the girls as they await his surgery tomorrow. It goes out to Baby Henry's family as they await another surgery for him. I pray for Katelyn and her family with the death of Bobby's grandmother. I pray for: my Momma; Ben; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Little Jensen who needs a heart; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; Serena and her husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Mary Lilley; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; families in turmoil; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments... Doug and Gay; Patty's daughter Tracy; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; Debbie's husband Kelly; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Patti Perkins; Betty's husband; my friend with mesothelioma; Judy Link; Little Ivy; Dorothy's grandson; and my friend who has upcoming radiation treatments. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor, Russ and his family, Crystal and her family, the Long Family, and Christina and her family. I pray for Larry Amstutz to have open doors as he seeks new employment and for Kim with PT. Thank You for being My Great I Am! Amen.

No comments: