Friday, April 1, 2022

Hebrews 11 - "Faith"


It takes faith to do anything in life. Some people put their faith in God while others put it in themselves, others, their circumstances, etc. Hebrews 11 is known as the 'faith chapter' with stories of great people from the Bible who showed faith. People like Moses, Abraham, and Noah just to name a few. All of the people mentioned in this chapter put their faith in God. When I leave this earth, I desire to be known as someone with great faith. I also want people to see me living out my faith now so they will desire to do the same. There have been many in my life who lived out great faith for me to model. Two of them were my Daddy and Doc. My Daddy went through sixty plus surgeries in his lifetime, beat cancer multiple times, got hit by a train, survived a gun shot...so many things yet his faith stayed strong. Watching Doc endure kidney stones multiple times and battle pancreatic cancer for sixteen months showed his great faith. Neither of these men gave up believing in the Lord no matter what their circumstances. They lived out their faith every day of their life on this earth. I know it is because of the way they lived on this earth they will live for eternity with the Lord. Woo hoo! I am reminded of Jordan Feliz song "Faith"....

It's light for the shadows, for all your tomorrows
It's knowing He's there through the sun and the rain
It's when you believe it, before you can see it
And you can walk on 'cause he's making the way

Just gotta have some faith, faith
You've gotta have some faith, faith

Verse one of Hebrews 11 in The Passion Translation reads: Now faith brings our hopes into reality and becomes the foundation needed to acquire the things we long for. It is all the evidence required to prove what is still unseen. The men mentioned in Hebrews 11 had the foundation of faith in their lives. My Daddy and Doc had the foundation of faith in their lives. I desire to have the foundation of faith in my life. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the safe trip home! I don't think I have ever prayed as much in the air as yesterday with all of the turbulence. Thank You for my time with Momma and all we accomplished! Thank You for rest last night and for all that is ahead today! Cleanse me so You can fill me so I do not miss any opportunity You put before me. I pray for many going through 'tough' days to lean into their faith in You. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Little Jensen who needs a heart; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; Serena and her husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Pastor Sam; Mary Lilley; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; families in turmoil; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments... Doug and Gay; Patty's daughter Tracy; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; Debbie's husband Kelly; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Patti Perkins; Tammie; Betty's friend in New York; Clay's friend; my friend diagnosed with mesothelioma; Dorothy's grandson; Little Ivy; and my friend who has upcoming radiation treatments. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor, the Long Family, Baby Henry, June, and Christina and her family. I pray for all our military and their families to lean into Your strength. I pray for Larry Amstutz to have open doors as he seeks new employment. Lord, continue to be with Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself with 'tough' days without my Rickey with us. Yesterday was full of memories at the airports but especially at Akron-Canton where he picked me up the first time we met in person. The song on the radio he sang to me brought on the memories. Thank You Jesus for those memories and for the time You blessed me with him! Thank You for being My Faith Builder! Amen.

No comments: