Thursday, April 21, 2022

Psalm 19 - "Almost Home"


Last night in Bible study we talked about the importance of keeping our focus on God. It was no surprise this morning when He took me to Psalm 19. David's words reiterate how to keep our focus on the Lord. As we stay in His Word, we will be refreshed and He will give us His wisdom when we focus on Him (vs 7). When we focus on Him, He provides joy and direction (vs 8). His ways are the best ways to walk on this earth so we can live with Him for eternity (vs 9). The results of focusing on Him is found in verse fourteen as David prays for all He says and does to please God. That is the life I desire to live. I want to focus on Him so my life will please Him. I desire to love with His love so others will have the same desire in their hearts. Yesterday as I drove past the house we built on Tannerville Road I was so blessed knowing the family who bought it from us are raising their children to love the Lord. So many memories were made in that house. I am so thankful for memories. I also am thankful for this week where Momma and I have made new memories. Yesterday was bittersweet with taking her to see Daddy's grave. I'm not much into visiting graves but I know how much it means to her so I took her. I am thankful for my nephew Dan who has taken her at times. I cannot imagine being married for sixty six years and losing my spouse. It was hard enough at thirty one years. A friend reminded me this week those who pass are not just in a better place but the best place. That is a great reminder in times of hurt. This morning I am reminded of the song "Almost Home" that Mercy Me sings.

Well this road will be hard
But we win in the end
Simply because of Jesus in us
It's not if but when
So take joy in the journey
Even when it feels long
Oh find strength in each step
Knowing heaven is cheering you on


Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the memories Momma and I made yesterday! Thank You for loving on us so greatly! May we live out Psalm 19 to the fullest in our lives. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray Your peace over many going through 'tough' days. My Momma; Ben; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Little Jensen who needs a heart; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; Serena and her husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Pastor Sam; Mary Lilley; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; families in turmoil; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments... Doug and Gay; Patty's daughter Tracy; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; Debbie's husband Kelly; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Patti Perkins; Betty's husband; my friend with mesothelioma; Judy Link; Dorothy's grandson; Little Ivy; and my friend who has upcoming radiation treatments. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor, Russ and his family, Baby Henry and his family, Crystal and her family, the Long Family, and Christina and her family. I pray for all our military and their families to lean into Your strength. I pray for Larry Amstutz to have open doors as he seeks new employment and for Kim with PT. I pray for Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself as we adjust to life without my Rickey. I'm so glad Vickey got to meet my Momma yesterday. When Momma and I had ice cream at Dalton Dariette I once again was reminded of taking my Rickey there for his first time. So, so many memories of my childhood, teen years, and adult years packed into the day yesterday. Some 'good' and some 'not so good' but they all are a part of my life. Most importantly to remember is God is a part of my life and Who I need to focus on. Thank You for being My Focus! Amen.

No comments: