Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Proverbs 3:5-6 - "Know You Will"

God blessed me in abundance yesterday from start to finish. He finished Sunday's sermon, gave me a great time with my new friend Marilyn, provided the first strawberries to pick, gave me the opportunity to bless a Momma and invite her to church, gave me an evening of great fellowship with ladies at the church, and ended my evening with a phone call from Ben. It was a wonderful blessed day. It is such days that fill my emotional tank up to get through 'tough' days. God knows exactly what I need and provides. Praise His Holy Name! He woke me with a song Hillsong sings called "Know You Will." This song reminds me of Proverbs 3:5-6 that I learned as a little girl. It reminds me to trust Him no matter what is happening in life. One of the writers of "Know You Will" wrote of the song...

“Faith can sometimes seem like a distant thing, but it becomes real when everything that you didn’t realize you were dependent on gets thrown on its head,” Houston offers. “We may look at a circumstance and see the impossible, but God is good at the impossible. Even when there’s a lot of if’s, but’s, and doubts, the story of God is that He’s always made a way. It’s often unexpected; it’s different to how we think it should be, and how it should look. We know though, that through it all, God’s sovereignty has not been shaken, and His plan is what will prevail through the middle of everything. He has proven Himself good so many times before, and it’s no different now.” (Joel Huston)

Woo hoo! We have God to depend upon no matter what is happening in life. All we have to do is put our faith in Him and allow Him to work in and through us. I am grateful when people ask me how I am doing my response is 'good' and be the truth. God is so good to empower me through 'tough' days with His love. He is so good to give me His wisdom with decisions that need made and to provide people to love on me through lonely times. He is so good to provide days like yesterday that were so relaxing and fun. Plain and simple. He is so good. I love the words to the chorus of this song. We do not have to know the ins and outs of life but instead need to trust God through them. 

I don’t know how You make a way
But I know You will
I don’t know how You make a way
But I know You will

You’ve been good on every promise
From Eden to Zion
Through every dead end
And out of that grave
I don’t know how You make a way
But I know You will

Dear Jesus, Thank You for such a blessed day yesterday and for the day ahead! Thank You for loving me so greatly that You provide exactly what I need sometimes before I even know I need it! Thank You for finishing Sunday's sermon, the great time I had with Marilyn, the first strawberries picked, the Momma I blessed, great fellowship with my ladies, and my call from Ben! Woo hoo, God! You are so good! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray people will see/hear You though my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today. I pray Your peace over many going through 'tough' days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Little Jensen who needs a heart; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; Serena and her husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Pastor Sam; Mary Lilley; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; families in turmoil; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments... Doug and Gay; Patty's daughter Tracy; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; Debbie's husband Kelly; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Patti Perkins; Betty's husband and her friend in New York; my friend diagnosed with mesothelioma; Dorothy's grandson; Little Ivy; and my friend who has upcoming radiation treatments. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor, Russ and his family, Baby Henry and his family, Crystal and her family, the Long Family, and Christina and her family. I pray for all our military and their families to lean into Your strength. I pray for Larry Amstutz to have open doors as he seeks new employment and for Kim as she is in PT. I pray for Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself to praise You through the hurt of no longer having my Rickey with us. As another holiday comes it will be hard but I know You will be with us. May we focus on good memories and allow them to provide healing. Thank You for being My Way! Amen.

No comments: