Friday, April 22, 2022

Proverbs 3 - "Brighter Days"

God woke me up early to pray this morning for Little Judson who is having chemo today, Baby Henry who is having another surgery on his heart today, and Pastor Sam and his family as they await his surgery Monday. He also had the song "Brighter Days" going through my mind. We must remember when we are living for the Lord the "Brighter Days" may come on this earth or the ultimate "Brighter Days" will be when we see Jesus. 

I know there's gonna be some brighter days
I swear that love will find you in your pain
I feel it in me like the beating of life in my veins
I know there's gonna be some brighter days

Yes! There will be "Brighter Days" as we depend upon the Lord. He gets us through 'tough' days and grows our faith through them. His love is stronger than anything that comes our way. He  reminded me of Proverbs 3:5-6 as I prayed. We must trust Him because He knows all. We must allow Him to work through 'tough' situations so we can gain His wisdom in the process. While praying I was reminded of Ben's diagnosis with rheumatoid arthritis as a teen. We were scared he would never be able to have a 'normal' life. Fears of the 'what ifs' for his life were overwhelming at times. Last night as I looked around the dinner table I was one blessed Momma/Grandma. God healed him from the rheumatoid arthritis just as he healed him in the womb from an open spine. Our faith was strengthened through the healings God blessed Ben with. If those healings would not have been God's plan, our faith would have been strengthened through whatever happened. The first four verses of Proverbs 3 encourage me greatly to stay focused on Him. They read in The Voice:

My son, always remember what I have taught you; keep my instructions dear to your heart. If you do, they will be your guide to a long, healthy, prosperous life. Stay focused; do not lose sight of mercy and truth; engrave them on a pendant, and hang it around your neck; meditate on them so they are written upon your heart. In this way, you will win the favor of God and others, and they will think well of you.

I love these words! This is exactly how we can keep our focus on God. Be in His Word. Yes! The more we devour His Word the more we will live it. He gave us His Word as a tool for life. I know I need to get better at using it.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday with Momma getting her perm, my thrift store shopping, a visit with Brian, and spending the evening with Ben, Emily, and the kids! You bless me in abundance! Thank You for the blessings ahead in this day! Cleanse me so You can fill me so I do not miss anything You have in store for me. I pray for physical strength for Momma to not just get through today but to glorify You through it. I pray for Baby Henry and Little Judson with medical procedures today. I pray peace over their families. I also pray peace over many going through 'tough' days. My Momma; Ben; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Little Jensen who needs a heart; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; Serena and her husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Pastor Sam; Mary Lilley; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; families in turmoil; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments... Doug and Gay; Patty's daughter Tracy; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; Debbie's husband Kelly; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Patti Perkins; Betty's husband; my friend with mesothelioma; Judy Link; Little Ivy; and my friend who has upcoming radiation treatments. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor, Russ and his family, and his family, Crystal and her family, the Long Family, and Christina and her family. I pray for all our military and their families to lean into Your strength. I pray for Larry Amstutz to have open doors as he seeks new employment and for Kim with PT. I pray for Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself as we adjust to life without my Rickey. As we walked into the restaurant last night Ben and I talked about the last time we were there my Rickey was with us. As I walked into the thrift store yesterday I thought about all the times we shopped in different ones. I am thankful for the memories we made in such a short time. Thank You for being My Focus! Amen.

No comments: