Thursday, April 28, 2022

Hebrews 3:1-2 - "Brighter Days"


Yesterday was a 'tough' day with tears falling from time to time. I felt overwhelmed and prayed over and over again for God to give me His strength. I needed it physically, mentally, emotionally, and most of all spiritually. I continue to pray for Him to empower me to be focused on what He desires of me. We talked about distractions in Bible study last night. This week is full of them. I was so thankful for Jo Ann's hug last night. I also was thankful for the discussion in our group that warned us to not allow distractions to lead to hardened hearts. I shared with Jo Ann how I get so mad at God for all that has happened over these last few years. She reminded me He has a plan even when we cannot see it. Reading Doc's past pastor reports made me mad. Why did God have to take a man so early in life when he was such an obedient servant? I wonder if when he got to heaven he saw the ones who were there through his efforts. If he could see what I am doing to carry on the ministry he started, I wonder if he would be pleased. So many thoughts. So many emotions. I am so thankful I have God's strength in me. I have said it so many times. I do not know how people do life without Him. I do not know how people get through the 'tough' days without His encouragement. Last night before falling asleep He encouraged me with two instances where He let Himself be known yesterday.

I had been praying for direction for a major financial decision and He provided confirmation.

I am praying for a couple who have been separated for quite a while. Over the last week He brought the word 'reconciliation' into my prayers. The wife shared with me her prayers have been directed in that manner. Once again, confirmation.

Confirmation is key in our prayer life. When something we pray for is confirmed in our spirit, we are encouraged. When we are encouraged, we tend to continue to seek Him so we can walk in obedience to His will. He reminded me this morning of Hebrews 3:1-2, It reads in The Passion TranslationAnd so, dear brothers and sisters, you are now made holy, and each of you is invited to the feast  of your heavenly calling. So fasten your thoughts fully onto Jesus,  whom we embrace  as our Apostle and King-Priest. For he was faithful to the Father who appointed him, in the same way that Moses was a model of faithfulness in what was entrusted to him. Moses had great faith. I desire to have great faith. Moses saw a hardened heart in Pharaoh and in many others. Moses remained faithful by trusting God. I desire to do the same. When life gets 'tough,' I will lean more into Him. When I feel like I cannot go on, I will press into His strength. God did not bring me this far just to fail. He desires me to be successful for Him. I do not know exactly what my future looks like but He spoke to me on Christmas day to encourage me that He has me in His hands. Once again God brought the song "Brighter Days" to my mind...

I know there's gonna be some brighter days
I swear that love will find you in your pain
I feel it in me like the beating of life in my veins
I know there's gonna be some brighter days

Dear Jesus, Thank You for all of the ways You loved on me yesterday! Thank You for the confirmation You gave me through my prayers and for our Bible study last night! Thank You for Jo Ann's hug when I fell apart! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today. I pray Your peace over many going through 'tough' days. My Momma; Ben; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; Serena and her husband; Pastor Sam and his family; Beth and her family; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Mary Lilley; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; Heather; families in turmoil; Ms Savon's friend; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments... Doug and Gay; Patty's daughter Tracy; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Debbie's husband Kelly; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Betty's husband; my friend with mesothelioma; Judy Link; Little Ivy; my friend with upcoming radiation; and Dorothy's grandson. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor, Russ and his family, the Long Family, and Christina and her family. I pray for Larry Amstutz to have open doors as he seeks new employment and Baby Henry as he awaits another surgeryThank You for continuing to be with Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself as we miss my Rickey being with us!  Thank You for being My Focus! Amen.

No comments: