Saturday, April 16, 2022

Psalm 17 - "New Day"


The Lord took me to Psalm 17 this morning which is a prayer David penned during one of the times he was feeling overwhelmed by life. I read it in different versions to understand it better. I remember the day I took this picture of Mr. Turtle. It was a day when I was feeling very alone and feeling the need for God to take care of me. God used the turtle to reinforce the idea that He takes care of all of His creation. David showed confidence in God through this writing. He knew God would always be there for him no matter what he came upon in life. I have that same confidence. I know God is with me no matter what. On days when I feel alone, He is there. On days when I feel physically, mentally, and/or emotionally drained, He is there. On days when it feels like the world is trying to rip me to pieces, He is there. Plain and simple. He is there for me at all time. This knowledge is why I have confidence that when I live as He desires on this earth, I will live with Him for eternity. Woo hoo! I am reminded this morning of a song Danny Gokey sings called "New Day" as I start my day. 

This is a new day
Everything bursting with hope
Coming alive this moment, moment
You've got a freedom (woo)
No looking back anymore
Open your eyes it's coming, coming
This is a new day
The old has gone away, the old has gone away
This is a new day (woo)
Don't let it slip away, don't let it slip away

Yes! No matter what happened or didn't happen yesterday today is a "New Day." I have the choice to make on living in God's presence and allowing Him to guide me through the day or not. I pray I choose to allow Him to be the King of Kings and Lord of Lords of the day ahead. It is easy to get off course but as long as I stay focused on Him the day ahead will be exactly as He desires. Woo hoo! Psalm 17 tells me He hears me (vs 1-6); He hides me (vs 7-12); and He helps me (vs 13-15). Praise His Holy Name! I love the words of Meyer, "The mind will be satisfied with his truth, the heart with his love, the will with his authority. We shall need nothing else."

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for Alex, Cait, and the kids who helped with the work at the church yesterday! Thank You for loving me so greatly! Cleanse me so You can fill me. May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. May Your peace come down upon me in a mighty way throughout my day. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult times. My Momma; Ben; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Little Jensen who needs a heart; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; Serena and her husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Pastor Sam; Mary Lilley; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; families in turmoil; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments... Doug and Gay; Patty's daughter Tracy; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; Debbie's husband Kelly; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Patti Perkins; Betty's husband; my friend with mesothelioma; Dorothy's grandson; Little Ivy; and my friend who has upcoming radiation treatments. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor, Russ and his family, Baby Henry and his family, Crystal and her family, the Long Family, and Christina and her family. I pray for all our military and their families to lean into Your strength. I pray for Larry Amstutz to have open doors as he seeks new employment and for Kim with PT. I pray for Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself as we adjust to life without my Rickey. Holidays are so hard after losing a loved one. I pray for Your comfort for all. I pray for my friend Joyce as she goes through this day remembering her son and for families who will gather together over this weekend. I pray blessings upon my family who will be together at my Momma's today. Thank You for being My King of Kings and Lord of Lords! Amen.

No comments: