Monday, April 25, 2022

Isaiah 43:2 - "It Is Well"

Yesterday started out as one of those days when it seemed like everything went wrong that could go wrong. Getting into the shower without everything needed, leaving only to have to go back in the house twice for forgotten things, getting half way to church and realizing I still had forgot two things, etc. I decided I was going to stop at Dunkin Donuts for a iced mocha only to spill my change all over the place when paying. The lady told me it was ok and hopefully my drink would help my day. She chuckled when I casually asked her to pray for me as I would be preaching and needed things to get better. I stopped at the Dollar Tree to pick up the card I forgot and once again my hands/brain were not cooperating with paying. Once again I asked the cashier to pray for me as I would be preaching and needed things to work. A man in line asked me if I would really be preaching and I replied 'yes'! Immediately he started praying for me out loud and everyone in the store stopped. It was awesome. When he was done, the lady behind me thanked him for blessing me and in the process blessing her and others. Wow, God! What an experience. When I shared the story with my church, I encouraged them to pray with people even if it meant going out of their comfort zone. When I got to the church knowing I forgot the ball for the game I was playing in children's Sunday School, I wanted to cry. Not tears of frustration but tears of joy. One of my little guys had brought a ball to church with him. Woo hoo, God! He is so good to provide what we need. My day was trying to start but soon was a big blessing. God blesses me in abundance over and over again. Today is a new day of another week. This week is full with meetings every night but one. It is full of commitments but the biggest commitment I desire to keep is my relationship with God. He woke me early to pray for Pastor Sam and his family with the surgery today and for Baby Henry awaiting his surgery. He also woke me with the song "It Is Well" going through my mind. These words are my focus for the day ahead...

Through it all, through it all
My eyes are on You
Through it all, through it all
It is well
Through it all, through it all
My eyes are on You
It is well with me

So let go my soul and trust in Him
The waves and wind still know His name

Yes! I will trust Him with whatever lies ahead in this day, this week. I will trust Him to guide me to be the godly lady He has called me to be. I will trust Him to empower me to keep my focus on Him. Plain and simple. I will trust Him.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessing of the man praying for me in Dollar Tree yesterday and for providing something as simple as a forgotten ball for the children's Sunday School class! You are so awesome in the way You bless me. Thank You for going before me today and keeping my focus on You! Lord, You know the desires of my heart. May they align with Your desires. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing. May people see/hear You instead of me. I pray for Pastor Sam, his family, and all medical personnel with the surgery he is having today. I pray for Baby Henry and his family as he awaits his surgery. May they all experience Your peace. I pray for many going through 'tough' days to lean into You. My Momma; Ben; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Little Jensen who needs a heart; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; Serena and her husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Mary Lilley; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; families in turmoil; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments... Doug and Gay; Patty's daughter Tracy; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; Debbie's husband Kelly; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Patti Perkins; Betty's husband; my friend with mesothelioma; Judy Link; Little Ivy; Dorothy's grandson; and my friend who has upcoming radiation treatments. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor, Russ and his family, Crystal and her family, the Long Family, and Christina and her family. I pray for Larry Amstutz to have open doors as he seeks new employment; Kim and Susie recuperating from knee surgery; and Katelyn and her family with the death of Bobby's grandmother. Thank You for continuing to be with Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself as we miss my Rickey being with us! Today he and I would sing Christmas carols over the phone to celebrate eight months until Christmas. I miss those crazy times so much but thankful for the memories. Thank You for being My Focus! Amen.

No comments: