Saturday, April 9, 2022

Matthew 28:19-20 - "Thee Commission"



Today is ‘the day’ for many going before the Credential Board to receive their District license. I remember the fears that came along with the day.  ‘What if they ask me something I do not know? What if they don’t like me? What if I freeze when asked a question?” The list goes on and on. The thing I soon realized after going through the process the first time was every one there wants to see every one succeed. They are there to help the process as it goes along. They are there to help in whatever way possible to make everyone feel at ease. Sometimes there are ‘hard’ questions that come up but they are for a purpose. I am so thankful God called me to be a pastor. I remember at the beginning of the process I did not understand the ‘why’ of God calling me to pastor but fast forward to eight years later and the ‘why’ was shown when Doc died. There are a lot of emotions being experienced today but the biggest is joy. I know I am living as God desires and that makes me happy. I also know He blesses me every day and that gives me joy. I am living the good life. Woo hoo! I am reminded of the song “The Commission”….

 

Go tell the world about me
I was dead but now I live
I've gotta go now for a little while
But goodbye is not the end

 

These words are for all people. We, as pastors, need to make sure we take these words to heart. There are many people who will not know God without us sharing His love with them. I know I need to get better at sharing Him.

 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday with rest and the ones ahead today! I pray for all of the ones in the Ministry Assessments today to feel Your peace. Cleanse me so You can fill me. May You ooze out of my words, thoughts, attitude, and actions.  I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Little Jensen who needs a heart; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; Serena and her husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Pastor Sam; Mary Lilley; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; families in turmoil; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments... Doug and Gay; Patty's daughter Tracy; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; Debbie's husband Kelly; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Patti Perkins; Betty's friend in New York; my friend diagnosed with mesothelioma; Dorothy's grandson; Little Ivy; and my friend who has upcoming radiation treatments. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor, Russ and his family, Baby Henry and his family, Crystal and her family, the Long Family, Coley's Momma, and Christina and her family. I pray for all our military and their families to lean into Your strength. I pray for Larry Amstutz to have open doors as he seeks new employment and for Kim as she is in PT. Lord, continue to be with Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself with 'tough' days without my Rickey with us. Some days it seems like every time I turn around there is something to remind me of our time together. Thank You for that time! Thank You for being My Commissioner! Amen.


No comments: