Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Psalm 145 - "Goodness of God"


God is so good. Sometimes I think we do not realize that to the extent we really should. He protects us from things such as 'bad' drivers on the road. He gives us insight into what He desires us to do or say. He loves on us when others may feel we are unlovable. He puts up with our indecisiveness when He knows what we need to do and what we will actually end up doing. He encourages us when we are feeling down, overwhelmed, fearful, etc. As I said, He is so good. I am so thankful for my relationship with Him but I can never be content with where it is. I need to go deeper with Him so I can experience more of Him. The more I allow Him to be Who He desires in my life the more I will be who He desires in life. I am reminded this morning of the song "Goodness of God" and thankful for the knowledge of how good He is.

Cause all my life You have been faithful
And all my life You have been so, so good
With every breath that I am able
Oh, I will sing of the goodness of God

Yes! He is faithful every moment of my day. He knows exactly what I need and provides. Praise His Holy Name. David wrote in Psalm 145 about His goodness and how we need to praise Him for it. Verse thirteen reads in the VOICE: Your kingdom will never end; Your rule will endure forever. [You are faithful to Your promise, and Your acts are marked with grace.] Woo hoo! God's goodness is forever for all who follow Him. His love is for all who will accept Him. I need to get better at sharing His love so more people will desire to live for Him. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for the young man who helped me with my phone! Thank You for our board meeting last night and the way You bless our church! Thank You in advance for stopping this headache into going into a full blown migraine and for the way You will protect us through the storms that are headed toward us today! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today. May You make a difference in people's lives through me. I pray for Kim as she recuperates from surgery and Baby Henry as he continues his health battles. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Little Jensen who needs a heart; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; Serena and her husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Pastor Sam; Mary Lilley; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; families in turmoil; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments... Doug and Gay; Patty's daughter Tracy; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; Debbie's husband Kelly; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Patti Perkins; Tammie; Betty's friend in New York; my friend diagnosed with mesothelioma; Dorothy's grandson; Little Ivy; and my friend who has upcoming radiation treatments. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor, Russ and his family, the Long Family, June, Coley's Momma, and Christina and her family. I pray for all our military and their families to lean into Your strength. I pray for Larry Amstutz to have open doors as he seeks new employment. Lord, continue to be with Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself with 'tough' days without my Rickey with us. Yesterday was full of times I wished I could pick up the phone and call him for words of encouragement. He helped me more than he could ever have imagined. Thank You for being Goodness! Amen.

No comments: