Monday, April 18, 2022

Philippians 4:10-14; Matthew 28:18-20 - "Every Good Thing"

What an awesome day I had yesterday! Woo hoo, God! I started the day with the Community Sunrise Service at the waterfront followed by children's Sunday school class, communion, preaching, a baptism, lunch with my church family, and ended the day with doing a Renewal of Vows for dear friends who are like family to me. I was exhausted at the end of the day but it was a good tired! Easter always reminds me of springtime growth in God's nature. New beginnings. New life. I love where God has me in life. I love pouring myself into people and seeing what God can do through me. I am so happy to be living a life filled with Him. I am grateful for Jesus' death and resurrection that allows me to live today. Oh how I pray for more people to get to the point in life where they allow God to be Who He desires in their life so they can be who He desires of them. Life with Him is 'perfect' when we allow it to be. That does not mean  everything will go the way we desire. It means we will be content with whatever is happening in life. I think of Paul's words to the Church of Philippi in Philippians 4:10-14. It reads in The Message:

I’m glad in God, far happier than you would ever guess—happy that you’re again showing such strong concern for me. Not that you ever quit praying and thinking about me. You just had no chance to show it. Actually, I don’t have a sense of needing anything personally. I’ve learned by now to be quite content whatever my circumstances. I’m just as happy with little as with much, with much as with little. I’ve found the recipe for being happy whether full or hungry, hands full or hands empty. Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am. I don’t mean that your help didn’t mean a lot to me—it did. It was a beautiful thing that you came alongside me in my troubles.

I am so thankful for all who pray for me. Their prayers are what get me through 'tough' days. God knows exactly what I need and provides. Sometimes it is something as simple as a hug from a friend when they see me frustrated like yesterday when Darrell saw me between Sunday school and church. Sometimes it is Him bringing new people into my life. Sometimes it is providing rest after a full day. Plain and simple. Sometimes is all the time when it comes to how God takes care of me. I am reminded of a song called "Every Good Thing" sung by The Afters.

You're the reason for every good thing, every heartbeat
Every day we get to breathe
You're the reason for anything that lasts, every second chance
Every laugh, life is so sweet
You're the reason for every good thing, every good thing
Every good thing, every good thing...

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and for the way You worked in and through me! Thank You for Jo Ann's baptism, our time after church with lunch, and the Renewal of Vows of Dave and Amy! Cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You. May people see/hear You instead of me. I pray for many who are hurting due to the loss of loved ones, relationships in turmoil, are dealing with a disease, etc. May all find Your peace today. My Momma; Ben; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Little Jensen who needs a heart; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; Serena and her husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Pastor Sam; Mary Lilley; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; families in turmoil; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments... Doug and Gay; Patty's daughter Tracy; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; Debbie's husband Kelly; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Patti Perkins; Betty's husband; my friend with mesothelioma; Dorothy's grandson; Little Ivy; and my friend who has upcoming radiation treatments and another biopsy today. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor, Russ and his family, Baby Henry and his family, Crystal and her family, the Long Family, and Christina and her family. I pray for all our military and their families to lean into Your strength. I pray for Larry Amstutz to have open doors as he seeks new employment and for Kim with PT. I pray for Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself as we adjust to life without my Rickey. Every time I am in an airport there are so many reminders of him. Oh how I miss him! A friend said yesterday our loved ones who have gone on are not in a better place but in the best place! That brings comfort. Thank You for being My Reason! Amen.

No comments: