Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Hebrews 3 - "Almost Home"

God reminded me yesterday as I was studying for tomorrow night's Bible study about how blessed I am. He loves me so greatly as I allow Him to love in and through me. Matthew Henry describes the first few verses of Hebrews 3 like this:

Christ is to be considered as the Apostle of our profession, the Messenger sent by God to men, the great Revealer of that faith which we profess to hold, and of that hope which we profess to have. As Christ, the Messiah, anointed for the office both of Apostle and High Priest. As Jesus, our Saviour, our Healer, the great Physician of souls. Consider him thus. Consider what he is in himself, what he is to us, and what he will be to us hereafter and for ever. Close and serious thoughts of Christ bring us to know more of him.

I love his last statement. Close and serious thoughts of Christ bring us to know more of him. That is exactly what I desire to do in life on this earth so I can spend eternity with Him. Know Him more. The only way to do that is to be in constant communion with Him, praying, studying His Word, living out His love, etc. I know I need to get better at doing all of these things. I know I need to strive to do better at listening and walking in obedience. I know I need to allow Him to show me more of what He desires of me. Plain and simple. I know what I need to do. I am so proud of my boys and the way they follow the Lord. I pray they will never allow the circumstances of life to harden their hearts as the Israelites did when they finally came to the edge of the Promised Land. Many missed out on what God had in store for them because they lost hope. We must never lose hope in Him. There will be days when life's challenges can be overwhelming but God is still on the throne of our heart as we allow Him. I am so thankful for Scripture and songs such as "Almost Home" that Mercy Me sings...

Well this road will be hard
But we win in the end
Simply because of Jesus in us
It's not if but when
So take joy in the journey
Even when it feels long
Oh find strength in each step
Knowing heaven is cheering you on

Yes! Our time on earth is temporary. Praise God! We must live as He desires so when we finally leave this place we will be with Him in heaven. Sometimes when I think about those who have gone on I am jealous. How marvelous to be there praising Him! Then I think about how as long as I have breath on this earth I need to praise Him so others will come to know Him. Goodness, we have a lot of work to do for Him to change hearts through us.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for loving me so greatly and using me as Your servant! May You cleanse me so You can fill me. May people see/hear You instead of me through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. Lord, I pray for cooperation with Marion today and for all going on in this day. May 'stuff' not take my focus off of you. May I have my thoughts fixed on You as Hebrews 3:1 tells me to do no matter what comes my way. Thank You for Darrell MacLearn who is praying for me this week to glorify You through all I do! Thank You for others who are praying for me! What a blessing people's prayers are for me. Thank You for the group from Momma's church who worked on her garage and porch last evening! Thank You for Pastor Sam's surgery being successful! I pray You will continue to be with him, Candy, and his family during these days. I pray for those going through 'tough' days to experience Your peace. My Momma; Ben; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Little Jensen who received a heart; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; Serena and her husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Mary Lilley; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; Heather; families in turmoil; Ms Savon's friend; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments... Doug and Gay; Patty's daughter Tracy; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Debbie's husband Kelly; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Patti Perkins; Betty's husband; my friend with mesothelioma; Judy Link; Little Ivy; Dorothy's grandson; and my friend who has upcoming treatments. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor, Russ and his family, Crystal and her family, the Long Family, and Christina and her family. I pray for Larry Amstutz to have open doors as he seeks new employment; Kim and another friend recuperating from knee surgery; Baby Henry as he awaits another surgery; and Katelyn and her family with the death of Bobby's grandmother. Thank You for continuing to be with Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself as we miss my Rickey being with us!  Thank You for being My Focus! Amen.


No comments: