Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Matthew 11:25-30 - "Hold You Up"


I don't like roller coasters. Riding a physical roller coaster makes me sick to my stomach. Riding an emotional roller coaster brings a lot of tears. While talking with someone last night about what they are going through in life it made me realize something. I am a 'fixer.' I have always known this but needed reminded I was not put on this earth to 'fix' everything. God is the Only One who can 'fix' things and He does it in His time and in the best way for us. Matthew 11 reminds us that our Heavenly Daddy is there for us no matter what is going on in life. He is there for the 'good' days and He is there for the 'tough' days. He is there for those who do not yet know Him and He is there for those in relationship with Him. I remember someone saying to me once they did not understand why I went through so much 'junk' when I had a relationship with God. They could not understand why He 'made' bad things happen to me. The answer is simple. All of the 'junk' in this world takes my faith deeper. The depth of my faith grows more and more with every 'tough' day that occurs. I have to get better at allowing Him to work in and through me all the time. Not just on the 'good' days but every day no matter what is happening. My focus can get off of God as I think about the 'what ifs' of present circumstances. Shame on me. I need to stay strong in my spiritual life so I can hear what God has to say to me. Yesterday I thought I was doing better but mid afternoon the tears once again started. I am so thankful for friends who check on me. I am thankful for God's Word that encourages me. As I worked on Sunday's sermon I read about how His Word is for everyone and shows His love for us. This is not a new revelation but once again it was a reminder I needed. This picture was taken at my family reunion in August. It was a 'happier' time. I continue to pray for more of these memories to be made with Rickey. I do not want to just get through this time but I desire for God to be glorified through it. I am taking the intentional step today to allow God to be Who He desires to be in me during these 'tough' days with this emotional roller coaster ride. Matthew 11:25-30 reads in the VOICE:

25 And then Jesus began to pray:

Jesus: I praise You, Father—Lord of heaven and earth. You have revealed Your truths to the lowly and the ignorant, the children and the crippled, the lame and the mute. You have hidden wisdom from those who pride themselves on being so wise and learned. 26 You did this, simply, because it pleased You. 27 The Father has handed over everything to My care. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son—and those to whom the Son wishes to reveal the Father. 28 Come to Me, all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Put My yoke upon your shoulders—it might appear heavy at first, but it is perfectly fitted to your curves. Learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble of heart. When you are yoked to Me, your weary souls will find rest. 30 For My yoke is easy, and My burden is light.

Jesus gives us the example to follow in this prayer. We need to praise our Heavenly Daddy first. We need to cry out to Him and allow Him to soothe our hurts of life. He desires to be all we need in this world so we can be all He desires of us.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for these words in Matthew that encourage me to allow You to be in control! Thank You for the way You continue to be with Anna, Michael, Matt, and I on this emotional roller coaster with Rickey! Thank You for the improvement shown last night! Thank You for the way You continue to squelch my fears when the 'bad' updates come! Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people hear/see You instead of me today. May You flow mightily through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Marion's pain will be less and she will go to therapy without an issue today. I prayed during the night for many going through 'tough' days. I praise You for the good report on Kate with being about to write without shaking! I praise You for the way You are going to be with Beth, Charlene, and Shellie as they recuperate from surgery. I praise You for making a way for Tisha and her sisters to see their Daddy. I praise You for being with many going through 'tough' days to realize Your peace. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben and Colleen; Tony and Madeline; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Carrie; Little Jensen who needs a heart; many with COVID; Sharon Sebolt; the Pottenger Family; Serena's husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a teen in a volatile home situation; a husband/father separated from his wife; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are recuperating from surgery and/or having treatments for 'c'...Doug and Gay; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousin; George and Sharon; Little Ivy; and a breast cancer survivor that had something show on CT scan. Lord, may we all trust You to take our faith deeper as we allow You to be in control. Thank You Jesus for being My Oasis! Amen,

No comments: