Friday, November 19, 2021

Lamentations 3:22-21 - "Promises"


I love my conversations with Marion. Yesterday as we sat on the porch in the rocking chairs with the sun shining and a cool breeze from time to time I was so blessed. We have the connection of being from Ohio so we remember Novembers of snow and cold. She always comments about how 'they don't make pine trees like that in Ohio' as she looks at the tall ones here. She usually mentions how the ones in Ohio are short and stubby compared to these. Some conversations are hard with her because of her memory issues. Sometimes the hard questions are asked every five minutes. But I remind myself God is with me. He blesses me with her as a friend. As I watch her age I am sad yet I know it is all part of life. There is the season to be born and the season to leave this earth. I praise God for the conversations Marion and I have had so I know where she will spend eternity. Yesterday as I was getting ready to leave I was not sure how she would feel about me praying with her with four other people sitting there with us. When I asked, her response was, 'Of course. You always do.' I love her to pieces! The response from my prayer was a gift as the people showed their appreciation. God is so good. Sometimes I think of people in such facilities who have no visitors and it makes me sad. It is so hard with COVID because I am not allowed to socialize with other residents. Of course, being outside on the porch made that possible. I saw that as another gift from God. This morning I woke to a song called "Promises" and again was blessed.

Great is Your faithfulness to me
Great is Your faithfulness to me
From the rising sun to the setting same, I will praise Your name
Great is Your faithfulness to me

When the seasons change
You remain the same

No matter what we are going through in life God never changes. He is faithful with His love, mercy, and grace. Woo hoo! When I chose to walk the other way, He was there to love me back. When I miss an opportunity He puts before me, He still loves me. Praise His Holy Name!

Dear Jesus, Thank You for my time with Marion yesterday! Thank You for orchestrating a time where I could visit with some of her friends! Father, You are so awesome in the way You love on me. Great is Your faithfulness to me... I am one blessed lady! Thank You for Rickey feeling better this morning! I pray continued healing over his cold. I remember how the Ohio weather can mess one up this time of year. Lord, thank You for being with me through the different seasons of life. Thank You for being with so many going through a time of 'winter' where life is harsh! Thank You for Elaine being admitted to the hospital and for the blood she is receiving! I pray my friend with gastric issues received a plan of action yesterday. Lord, be so real to Kate, Don, and JoAnn as they recuperate from surgeries and are in pain. I pray continued strength for many going through treatments for 'c'...Little Ivy; my pastor friend having radiation this week; Doug and Gay; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chirssy's cousin; and many others. I pray for Charlene as she awaits surgery; Mike as he recuperates from shoulder surgery; a friend and her husband as they get test results today; another friend who is waiting on test results for her husband; and Tisha and her family as they await the next step for her Daddy. Continue to be what is needed in the daily lives of many going through a difficult season. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben and Colleen; Tony and Madeline; Pete and Delores; Cait; Norma Hall; Carrie; Little Jensen who needs a heart; many with COVID; Joni; Wanda; Owen; Sharon Sebolt; Pottenger Famly; Simone; Serena's husband; Tim and Kathy Kilgore; some young ladies with anxiety; a young couple who miscarried and Bre with the loss of her little guy; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a teen in a volatile home situation; a husband/father separated from his wife; Joyce as she continues to seek You in her walk as a widow; Jen and Jed with all that is going on in their family; and many others. Lord, may we all embrace the day ahead and lean into Your strength with whatever is ahead. I pray Your blessing over my two unspoken requests. May You be so real in directing me with these situations. Thank You for being My Faithfulness! Amen.

No comments: