Saturday, November 6, 2021

Esther 4:14b - "For Such A Time As This"

What a blessing to be able to attend Cade and Lauren's wedding! I was thinking last night if I still lived in Ohio this probably would not have happened. As I sat and listened to them repeat they vowels I thought about how God is blessing them so much. It was a blessing to see all of the fun had by all at the reception. I mentioned to several how refreshing it is to see so much fun without alcohol being involved. The father of the bride said in his comments at the reception the two of them were made for such a time as this as Esther was told in Esther 4:14. He spoke of how he and his wife had prayed for Lauren to grow up to find a godly man to marry and how pleased they were to have those prayers answered. This reminded me of how I started praying for my babies when I was just a little girl. My goal in life was to be a Mommy. I remember in grade school being asked what I wanted to be when I grew up and my response was 'a Mommy!' I know I was not always the best Mommy but I pray my boys know I love them. My dream was to have three boys and three girls. I love how God answers prayers. I was blessed with three boys and their wives are my 'my girls'! God is so good! Before my grand babies were born I started praying for them to have godly spouses too. It is hard to be so far away from them. I am thankful when I see pictures of them doing life. I pray my grand babies will always know how much I love them and that I pray for them. God created each one of us for a purpose. He created each one of us to love with His love. We never know what path our life will take but one thing we know for certain is when we allow Him to be in control He will be with us every step of the way. I personally know my life has taken some twists and turns I never would have expected. Some 'good' and some 'bad' but God was with me every step of the way and will continue to be. My sister Mary has beautiful flowers in her yard. She took this picture I believe just last week. Last night  when I was talking on the phone with her she shared how they were gone due to the frost. I thought about how all of the work she put into her flowers gave her and others great pleasure over several months but now they were gone. Whatever season we find ourselves in we need to remember the wise words spoken to Esther. ...for such a time as this. Our time on this earth will be what God desires of it when we walk in obedience to Him. We must trust Him and realize even when we don't understand what is happening He does and that is all that matters. Wayne Watson sings a song called "For Such A Time As This"...

For such a time as this
I was placed upon the earth
To hear the voice of God
And do His will
Whatever it is
For such a time as this
For now and all the days He gives
I am here, I am here
And I am His
For such a time as this

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday with safe travels and being with family! Thank You for Cade and Lauren and not only their love for one another but especially their love for you! Thank You for being with my Momma as she would have loved to have been here too! Thank You for Rickey who is so good to encourage me when I am feeling emotional! Thank You for Joe and Val opening their home to me last night! Father, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You in me today. I pray for safe travels as I travel back home. I also pray for many going through difficult days to not just get through the day but to glorify You through it. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben and Colleen; Tony and Madeline; Steve; Cait; Tim; Mike; Norma Hall; Melanie; Terri Hall; Carrie; Elizabeth; Little Ivy's family; Little Jensen that needs a heart; many with COVID; Rickey's singing partner Tim; Joni; Wanda; Sharon Sebolt; the Pottenger Family; Simone; Serena's husband; Tim and Kathy Kilgore; Chrissy and her family; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a teen in a volatile home situation; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; and many others. I praise You for the way You are blessing: Ms Savon with all she is going through; Donna and her husband as they regain strength; healing in Laurie's back; Pastor Kevin's return to his secular job; Gay and Doug as they finish his radiation treatments Monday; and Pastor Steve as he moves back into pastoral ministry. Thank You for being My Blessing! Amen.

No comments: