Wednesday, December 1, 2021

John 14:6a; II Timothy 1:7; Proverbs 3:5-6; Matthew 11:28-30; Jeremiah 29:11-12 - "This Is The Truth I'm Standing On"


I woke up during the night and again this morning to these words of a song Leanne Crawford sings called "This Is The Truth I'm Standing On"...

This is the truth I'm standing on
Even when all my strength is gone
You are faithful forever
And I know You'll never
Let me fall
Right now I'm choosing to believe
Someday soon I'll look back and see
All the pain had a purpose
Your plan was perfect all along
This is the truth I'm standing on

My rock my shield my firm foundation
I know I will not be shaken
You remind me
Where my help comes from

I must continued to stand in the promises God gives me in His Word. He is in control even when it seems like there is no improvement. He is in control even when the tears won't stop. He is in control even when the 'what ifs' creep into my mind. Plain and simple. He is in control. His Word tells me in the book of John that He is the Truth. This is one of the names of Jesus we are looking at Sunday. The enemy is the father of lies but our God is the Father of Truth. There is freedom in living in the Truth. In John 8:32 Jesus told the Jews to hold onto His teaching so they would know the Truth and be set free. There is freedom in knowing God is in control. We do not have to fret over situations. We do not have to allow the enemy to tell us lies but instead need to bask in the Truth of Jesus. All we have to do is go to His Word and allow Him to speak to us. There are no lies in His Word. Only truth. His Word is full of promises that I hold onto. Over these last few days I have cried out these promises to Him. 

His Word tells me I do not have to fear...II Timothy 1:7...For God will never give you the spirit of fear, but the Holy Spirit who gives you mighty power, love, and self-control. TPT

His Word tells me I can trust Him no matter the circumstances of life bring...Proverbs 3:5-6...Trust in the Lord completely, and do not rely on your own opinions. With all your heart rely on him to guide you, and he will lead you in every decision you make. Become intimate with him in whatever you do, and he will lead you wherever you go. TPT

His Word tells me He will give me rest in the midst of the storms of life...Matthew 11:28-30... Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.” NLT

His Word tells me He knows what is ahead and He hears my prayers...Jeremiah 29:11-12... For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Eternal, “plans for peace, not evil, to give you a future and hope—never forget that. At that time, you will call out for Me, and I will hear. You will pray, and I will listen. VOICE

He is the Truth and His Word is the Truth. All I have to do to get through this storm with Rickey in ICU is to trust Him. Some days are harder than others. Some moments are harder than others. When I get my full focus off of Him, the enemy tries to get a foothold. I refuse to allow Him such a foothold. I am a Daughter of the Most High King who lives in His Truth. I will stand strong in my faith through this time.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday with Rickey's oxygen level staying stable! Thank You for the medical personnel who are caring for him! Thank You for Your Word that reminds us You are with us in this 'storm' of life! Thank You for keeping my focus on You so I can stand firm in my faith! Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You! May You shine brightly through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today. May Your peace overwhelm me in abundance as I wait on updates with Rickey's health. May Your peace overwhelm others going through 'storms' in life. Some of the 'storms' are huge and the waves seem to come crashing over and over again. Some are just small ones brewing to become full fledge storms. No matter what the circumstances I pray Your peace over many. Tisha and her family with her Daddy's situation; my Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben and Colleen; Tony and Madeline; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Carrie; Little Jensen who needs a heart; many with COVID; Sharon Sebolt; the Pottenger Family; Serena's husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a teen in a volatile home situation; a husband/father separated from his wife; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are having treatments for 'c'...Doug and Gay; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousin; George and Sharon; Cait's friend with leukemia; Little Ivy; and a breast cancer survivor that had something show on CT scan. I praise You for successful surgeries for Beth, Charlene, and Shellie. I praise You for going before Donald as he has issues from his recent knee surgery. I pray continued strength for Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself as we continue in this 'storm' with Rickey. May we all draw closer to You and allow You to be who You desire to be in our life. Thank You Jesus for being My Truth! Amen.

No comments: