Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Deuteronomy 14:2 - "One Thing Remains"


I was blessed in abundance yesterday as I worked on my sermon. This week's Scripture is Deuteronomy 14:2. In the English Standard Version it reminds us we are chosen to be a people for his treasured possession. Woo hoo! I love the word picture this gives. I am His treasured possession! When my earthly Daddy was living, I was his treasured possession. It saddens my heart to see children not feel loved by their parents. Seeing children go without material things is one thing but seeing them go without parental love is another. When 'parents' put their wants and desires before their children's needs, they are not embracing the role of being a parent. We all make mistakes as parents and we all have things we wish we would have done differently in raising our children. Sometimes the decisions we make are the ones that seemed to be the best ones at the time. Sometimes our circumstances become overwhelming and the decisions made do not line up with God's will. I know I have asked for forgiveness for 'stupid' decisions I made. Thankfully our Heavenly Father forgives and continues to love on us. Yesterday my Momma and I were remembering about a time there was a food pounding for a family in the church. Our family was going through a tough time and groceries were limited. That food pounding made a great impact on my life. We took one box of macaroni from the bare shelf and put in the box at the church. Later that day we were blessed with the food pounding being dropped off to our house. What a lesson I learned that day! God is faithful when we are faithful. Earlier in the day yesterday I had a conversation with Rickey about how ashamed I was for the way I acted on my sixteenth birthday. I wanted a hope chest. I picked it out at Brown's Furniture and had my heart set on it even though I knew there was no way my parents had the $249 to buy it. When they came home with a chest from an auction that did not look like what I wanted, I said some nasty things. My Uncle Ofie was there and he told me I needed to be thankful for what they bought me because the $65 they spent was more than they could really afford. Thankfully my parents and God forgave me for my actions. My parents raised me with good morals, in a home where God was so real. They raised me to appreciate everything in life. When there was no money for extras and sometimes even the basic necessities, you made do but first you prayed. Momma and I were talking yesterday about how different today's world. The one thing that remains the same is God. I am reminded this morning of the song "One Thing Remains"....

Higher than the mountains that I face
Stronger than the power of the grave
Constant through the trial and the change
One thing remains
Yes, one thing remains

Your love never fails
It never gives up
It never runs out on me
Your love never fails
It never gives up
It never runs out on me

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the opportunities from yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for my time to do activities AKA Sunday School with little Jaxon! Thank You for my walks and talking with neighbors! Thank You for Momma's doctor appointment and mine going well! Thank You for the encouragement Rickey gives me even though we are seven hundred miles apart! Thank You for my time with Jerry and Chrissy last night! May You guide them in the decisions they make and be so very real to Chrissy as she has so many family members with health issues. Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me so I can truly be Your treasured possession. I praise You for choosing me to be who You have called me to be. I praise You for loving me and forgiving me when I do not do as You desire. Lord, I pray for many parents who are not taking care of their children's basic needs let alone showing them Your love. I pray for children to have positive influences in their life that will love them with Your love. Lord, I pray for peace in many homes. My heart breaks for homes that are not centered around You. Lord, help us to get better at sharing Your love with those not in relationship with You. Help us to get better at sharing Your love with those who are hurting whether it be physically, mentally, emotionally, financially, and most of all spiritually. I pray peace over: my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben and Colleen; Steve; Tony and Madeline; Joni; Wanda; Melanie; Cait; Mike; Joan; Terri Hall; Sharon Sebolt; the Pottenger Family; Carrie; Simone; Savon; Kandi; Serena's husband; Norma Hall; Donna; Chrissy and her cousin; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; Tim and Kathy Kilgore; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a friend who needs protection in a hostile workplace; ones dealing with verbal attacks from 'friends' and loved ones; a teen in a volatile home situation; many with COVID; and so many others. I continue to pray for healing for: Little Ivy; Laurie's back, Little Jensen who needs a heart transplant; Ashley; Pastor Kevin; Pastor Bill; Sharon's niece Amy; Gay and Doug; Rickey's singing partner Tim; and Ed. I pray for good results for a young man who had a stress test yesterday. I also pray for a friend starting their own business to hear Your direction. Lord, once again I ask for a healing in my spirit over hurt I experienced over words spoken over me. Thank You for being My Heavenly Father! Amen. 

No comments: