Monday, November 15, 2021

Psalm 17 - "Thy Will"


I woke up with God directing me to Psalm 17. I read it in different versions and pondered upon verse eight in The Passion Translation. This verse reminds me how God protects me from known and unknown things. This Psalm is a prayer from David. I like how Matthew Henry describes it. Feigned prayers are fruitless; but if our hearts lead our prayers, God will meet them with his favour. God hears every prayer whether we speak or think it. He answers every prayer. Sometimes His answer is 'no' or 'wait' but He always answers it with what is best for us. I think unspoken requests are the hardest to pray for because we can't share them with anyone. There is strength in numbers. That strength is not for how strong our prayers are or how soon God will answer them but for us. When we share prayer requests, we feel a community in those we share with. Sometimes we don't know how to pray and that is OK. God doesn't need big words or long prayers. He needs us to share our heart with Him. Once again that is not for God but for us. Prayer creates an intimacy with God that is not possible unless we practice being intimate with Him. God wants to hear the 'little' and the 'big' prayers in our life. He desires to lavish His love down on us as we draw deeper into relationship with Him. I was reading somewhere about the more we pray the more it will become second-nature. Praying is something I do anytime God gives me an opportunity. Sometimes that is when I am sitting at my computer and receive a prayer request. Sometimes it is in the middle of a flea market like last week. Sometimes it is with a cashier who is in great pain. No matter where or what or who I am ready to pray. When I took this picture last week at Myrtle Beach, I held the camera up and wasn't sure what I would get. When I looked at it, I was blessed with the sun ray shining down. It gave me a warm, cozy feeling that God was shining down on me. He shines down on me in the 'good' and the 'tough' days. He knows what I need and provides. What a wonderful feeling it is to know He loves me so greatly! I am reminded this morning of a song Hilary Scott sings called "Thy Will"...

I know You’re good
But this don’t feel good right now
And I know You think
Of things I could never think about
It’s hard to count it all joy
Distracted by the noise
Just trying to make sense
Of all Your promises
Sometimes I gotta stop
Remember that You’re God
And I am not
So

Thy will be done
Thy will be done
Thy will be done
Like a child on my knees all that comes to me is
Thy will be done
Thy will be done
Thy will

Sometimes what we go through in life on this earth is not 'fun' but it will not only stretch our faith but will draw us deeper in intimacy with God. As I look back on life I am amazed at how God loved on me through so many times when I felt like giving up. I am so grateful He has been and always will be here for me.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for an awesome service led by Cait and the teens and lunch afterward yesterday! Thank You for those who serve/served our country and for those who are striving to be a veteran of the faith for You! Thank You for loving me through last night when I was feeling down! Thank You for another day of life ahead! I pray You will cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You so people will see/hear You instead of me. Lord, take my faith deeper and bring me into more intimacy with You. I pray the same for some going through 'tough' days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben and Colleen; Tony and Madeline; Pete and Delores; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Carrie; Little Ivy's family; Little Jensen who needs a heart; many with COVID; Joni; Wanda; Sharon Sebolt; Pottenger Famly; Simone; Serena's husband; Tim and Kathy Kilgore; Chrissy and her family; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a teen in a volatile home situation; a husband/father separated from his wife; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Tisha and her family with her Daddy hospitalized; Gay and Doug as they go through his journey with 'C'; Joyce; a friend with severe gastric issues; a friend whose husband is awaiting test results; and many others. May each of them lean into You for strength. I pray for people to be put before them who will encourage them and love on them with Your love. I pray blessings upon Rickey's day as he starts a new week with students. Thank You for bringing him into my life to encourage me! I also ask for Your touch upon an unspoken request I have. May You be so real in the situation. Thank You for being My Sun/Son Ray! Amen.

No comments: