Saturday, November 13, 2021

John 3:30 - "Rejoice"

 

The time away with Nancy, Carol and Paula was so much fun! The weather was perfect with it being seventy-five and sunny most of the time. I loved hearing the waves crashing and seeing the beauty of God's creation from where we stayed. When I returned home, I had the nicest note in my mailbox. "I am praying He will show you just how much of a difference you are making in the lives of those around you." What an encouragement! I met this new neighbor last March/April timeframe when I took cookies over to welcome them to the neighborhood. It is something I try to do for all new neighbors. I so enjoy meeting new people and loving on them with God's love. I love to let them know I'm always available if they need anything and am praying for them. This couple has shared prayer requests with me from time to time and that blesses me in abundance. I think one of the things I learned over the years is people do not have to attend your church for them to see God's love through you. Yesterday when we were in a flea market shopping I overheard a lady in anguish speak of how she just lost her daughter. She was not only distraught over the loss of her daughter but was hurt over the words spoken over her about the way she was leaving her home to get out when she should be grieving. I could tell those words dug deep into her being. The Holy Spirit prompted me to ask her if I could pray with her and she was blessed in the process. She hugged me after I prayed with her and her husband and thanked me. Not only that but she invited me to her church! I explained I was a pastor and she smiled. I love these God encounters! I was thinking that me praying with them may have been the purpose for my trip. We never know where God will lead us or who He will put before us. But when we allow Him to be who He desires to be in our lives we will be blessed. Woo hoo! I love a new song by Andrew Ripp called "Rejoice"...

Until I rise like the morning
Wake up in the arms of glory
To finally see the sun above the pouring rain
Until I fall into surrender's
Healing hands and remember
There's a river on the other side of pain
I'm gonna

Rejoice...Rejoice
Lift it up in the highs and lows
There's a better day coming I know
Rejoice...Rejoice
I'm gonna sing either way it goes
There's a better day coming I know, I know
I know, I know

As long as I have breath I will strive to do what God desires of me. I desire to bless Him in abundance and I know the way to do that is to walk in obedience to His will. The more I strive to be Christ-like the more I will be successful. Oh how I pray for more people to have this same desire in their heart.

Dear Jesus, Thank You seems inadequate for the way You bless me! What an awesome time away with the ladies! Lord, I don't know if it was the purpose for the trip or not but I was blessed with praying in the middle of the flea market with Rose and Bill who just lost their daughter. Thank You for that privilege! Coming home and finding a note from Tom and Nancy blessed me in abundance. I loved the quote from Charles de Foucauld. "I want to preach the Gospel with my life." Yes! That is exactly what I desire to do! You are so good at encouraging me! There were some very emotional times during the trip as memories of past Christmas' flooded back upon me. Some are very hurtful and brought tears. Some were happy ones and brought tears. Thank You for the cleansing tears can bring! Thank You for Rickey listening when I felt like I was going to fall apart! What a blessing he is in my life. Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You! May people see/hear You instead of me today. Father, I am overwhelmed with so many in my prayers who are hurting. Physically, mentally, emotionally, financially, and most of all spiritually. I pray Your peace over many. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben and Colleen; Tony and Madeline; Steve; Pete and Delores; Cait; Tim; Mike; Norma Hall; Carrie; Little Ivy's family; Little Jensen who needs a heart; many with COVID; Joni; Wanda; Sharon Sebolt; Pottenger Famly; Simone; Serena's husband; Tim and Kathy Kilgore; Chrissy and her family; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a teen in a volatile home situation; a husband/father separated from his wife; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; and many others. I pray special prayers over Tisha and her family with her Daddy hospitalized. I pray Your strength over Gay and Doug as they go through his journey with 'C'. I pray for someone to share Your love with a couple who had a miscarriage and another young Momma who is having pregnancy complications. My heart breaks for them. Lord, I pray for your wisdom and guidance with an unspoken request. Thank You for being My Biggest Cheerleader! Amen.

No comments: