Monday, November 8, 2021

Psalm 89:15-18 - "Promises"

 


God took me to Psalm 89 this morning. As I read it in different versions I stopped at verses fifteen through eighteen and pondered. I love the words passwords of praise in The Message. I also love how The Passion Translation describes those who walk in obedience to God as being ones to leap for joy all day long in verse sixteen. When you seek to be Christ-like and walk in His presence, you have joy in your spirit. It overflows out of your words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. Woo hoo! Matthew Henry describes verses fifteen through eighteen of Psalm 89:

Happy are those who so know the joyful sound of the gospel as to obey it; who experience its power upon their hearts, and bring forth the fruit of it in their lives. Though believers are nothing in themselves, yet having all in Christ Jesus, they may rejoice in his name. May the Lord enable us to do so. The joy of the Lord is the strength of his people; whereas unbelief dispirits ourselves and discourages others. Though it steals upon us under a semblance of humility, yet it is the very essence of pride. Christ is the Holy One of Israel; and in him was that peculiar people more blessed than in any other blessing.

God blesses us as we allow Him. I know these words may not make sense to some but they are the truth. We all have a free will. God allows us to make choices. We must make the right choices if we want to live as He desires of us. He wants what is best for us. We do not always know what is best but He does. We may think what is best is one thing when in reality it is not. When we go through 'tough' days, we need to praise Him through them no matter what. I am so thankful He is always with me, guiding me to make decisions. I am thankful He puts people before me to encourage me. God is faithful to us and we need to be faithful to Him. I am reminded of the words to a song called "Promises"...

Though the storms may come and the winds may blow
I'll remain steadfast
And let my heart learn, when You speak a word
It will come to pass

Great is Your faithfulness to me
Great is Your faithfulness to me
From the rising sun to the setting same, I will praise Your name
Great is Your faithfulness to me

Dear Jesus, 
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for loving me so greatly! Cleanse me so You can fill me today so I can be more like You. May people see/hear You instead of me. Lord, there are so many people going through some 'tough' days. I pray they will lean into You and most of all I pray they will leap for joy all day long as Psalm 89:16 speaks of when we walk in obedience. I pray peace over situations that are so far from being peaceful. I pray Your love to be shown to people who need to experience it today in a new, different way. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben and Colleen; Steve; Pete and Delores; Tony and Madelines; Cait; Tim; Mike; Norma Hall; Carrie; Little Ivy's family; Little Jensen who needs a heart; many with COVID including Rickey's singing partner Tim; Joni; Wanda; Sharon Sebolt; Pottenger Famly; Simone; Serena's husband; Tim and Kathy Kilgore; Chrissy and her family; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a teen in a volatile home situation; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Gay and Doug; and many others. I pray for Sharon as her Daddy was released from the hospital and her grandson is struggling physically. Lord, thank You again for bringing Rickey into my life. He always seems to know what I need to hear. What a blessing he is to me!  Thank You for being My Faithfulness! Amen.

No comments: