Tuesday, November 16, 2021

I Chronicles 16:34 - "Too Good To Not Believe"

I heard someone yesterday say they quit praying for themselves because God never answers their personal prayers. They still pray for others but quit asking God for anything for themselves. When their spouse was diagnosed with cancer, they prayed for a healing. As the spouse continued on the road with treatments, surgery, etc., they prayed for more time together. When the spouse came to what appeared to their last days on this earth, they prayed they would no longer suffer. I have been in this person's shoes and prayed those same prayers. The difference between me and them is I saw God working through my prayers. I saw Doc's faith grow stronger through his last sixteen months on this earth and I like to think my prayers helped in that process. I saw God perform the greatest healing of all when Doc took his final breath on this earth. My faith and prayer life went deeper through that time. I leaned into God for His strength. I would not have chosen to see my husband suffer but that is the way it was. I would not have chosen to be a widow but that is the way life is. We do not have to understand the 'whys?' of life. We do need to allow God to work in and through us no matter what happens. We need to allow Him to be the Lord of Lords and King of Kings over us so He can use us as He desires. I 'thought' I knew what I would preach on and how the service would flow this next Sunday but yesterday God changed everything. I am thankful when He does that at the beginning of the week and not on Sunday morning. Most of all I am grateful I am in relationship with Him where I hear His voice and walk in obedience to it. I am grateful He is always with me. When I feel down, He puts someone before me to encourage me. When I feel unloved, He reminds me His love never quits. I love I Chronicles 16:34. He gave me this verse yesterday as part of Sunday's sermon. His love never quits. No matter what we are going through, how much we stay on track in our relationship with Him, where we are in life, etc. His love never quits. I am so grateful for this knowledge. My heart breaks for many who do not realize this. It breaks for those who are going through life without understanding He loves them. Oh how I need to get better at sharing His love with others. I need to believe He can use me to be a beacon of light in this dark world. I need to believe His love is greater than anything the enemy throws into people's paths. I need to believe what seems impossible is possible with Him. Plain and simple. I need to believe and see it happen. I am reminded of a song called "Too Good To Not Believe" this morning...

Too good to not believe 
Too good to not believe
(After everything I've seen you do)
(Oh God)

Yes, I believe
I believe, I believe it
Oh, I believe
Ooh

We've seen cancer disappear, we've seen broken bodies healed
Don't you tell me He can't do it, don't you tell me He can't do it
We've seen real life resurrection, we've seen mental health restored
Don't you tell me He can't do it, don't you tell me He can't do it
We've seen families reunited, we've seen prodigals return (come home)
Don't you tell me He can't do it, don't you tell me He can't do it
We've seen troubled souls delivered, we've seen addicts finally free
Don't you tell me He can't do it, don't you tell me He can't do it

If we stop and think, we will realize God performs miracles every day. Us waking up to another day of life is a miracle in itself. We need to be thankful for what is considered 'little miracles' just as much as the 'big ones' when they happen. My God is still in the miracle making business.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the opportunities You gave me yesterday and the ones ahead today to be a beacon of light for You! Father, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. Oh how I want people to see/hear You instead of me. Lord, I need some healing over some things only You know about. May You be more real in these situations than ever before. Thank You for the ways You shower me with Your love! Thank You for the people You have put into my life! Thank You for Rickey who listens so well and encourages me! Thank You for knowing what I need and providing! Father, I pray I get better at sharing Your love. I pray for more boldness in my spirit. I also pray for Your peace over many going through difficult days. My heart breaks for the young couple who had a miscarriage and for Bre with the loss of her little guy. We may not understand the 'whys?' of such events but we know You do and that is all that matters. May Your peace be experienced today by: My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben and Colleen; Tony and Madeline; Pete and Delores; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Carrie; Little Ivy's family; Little Jensen who needs a heart; many with COVID; Joni; Wanda; Owen; Sharon Sebolt; Pottenger Famly; Simone; Serena's husband; Tim and Kathy Kilgore; Chrissy and her family; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a teen in a volatile home situation; a husband/father separated from his wife; Sharon's husband, daughter Ashley, and niece Amy; Tisha and her family with her Daddy hospitalized; Gay and Doug as they go through his journey with 'C'; Joyce; a friend with severe gastric issues; a friend whose husband is awaiting test results; Joyce as she continues to seek You in her walk as a widow; a friend who is undergoing testing along with her husband; and many others. May each of them lean into You for strength. Lord, I pray You will come down and soothe the hurts of life. I pray for two unspoken requests that are so heavy in my heart. Thank You for being My Miracle Maker! Amen. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Amen and Amen Sister in Jesus Christ almighty name is powerful. Hallelujah 🙌🙌🙌