Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Hebrews 6; "You Won't Let Go"


God took me to Hebrews 6 this morning. The last section of this chapter is entitled "God's Promises of Hope" in the New Living Testament. Beginning with verse thirteen it speaks of the promise God gave to Abraham of the blessings of children. Verse fifteen stuck out to me. It reads: Then Abraham waited patiently, and he received what God had promised. Abraham not only waited but he waited patiently. The result was He received his blessing. Abraham had hope in the Lord. He had confidence (vs 18) God would provide what He promised. We today can have that same hope and confidence as we wait on Him. Verse nineteen reads: This hope is a strong and trustworthy anchor for our souls. It leads us through the curtain into God's inner sanctuary. Woo hoo! When we pray for something, we need to do two things until our prayer is answered. We need to wait expecting an answer and we need to allow God to use the waiting time to be glorified in that time. I have two unspoken requests I have been praying over. I have the choice of fretting over them or allowing God to answer them in His time. I have chosen the latter. Every time I walk through the living room I see Hebrews 6:19 on my wall. In fact, it is on my wall two places. Miss Evelyn painted a picture for me a few years ago with it. He is my Anchor in the 'good' and the 'tough' days. He knows what is best for me and provides. Praise His Holy Name! We went to the waterfront the first day we came to check out Beaufort. There is a huge anchor down by the marina. As I took a picture of it I sensed God was showing me this is where we belonged. It didn't make sense in so many ways yet here I am five and a half years later and can reflect back on how God's plan does not have to make sense. Paul had a similar experience with their move to Texas. They knew God wanted them there even when it did not make sense to leave family. The result has been good for them in so many ways. God's ways are always what is best. Sometimes we have to wait for His timing to be revealed. We need to be as Abraham who waited patiently. The result will be we will receive God's blessings. Woo hoo! I am reminded of the words to a song Michael W. Smith sings called "You Won't Let Go"...

No shadow comes without the light making a way
No raging storm can ever defy one word of faith
My heart remains sure in the wind, sure in the waves

You are the anchor for my soul
You won't let go
You won't let go
No matter what may come I know
You won't let go

Dear Jesus, Thank You for Hebrews 6 that reminds me to wait patiently for You! Thank You for going before my two unspoken requests and giving me peace as I wait for Your direction! Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You instead of me as I shine brightly for You throughout the day ahead. I pray Rickey wakes up feeling better. Thank You for brining him into my life! Be with our disappointment of his trip being postponed. Thank You for Alex, Cait, and the kids coming over for dinner and to help me last night! Lord, You know what is on the calendar today. I pray You will empower me to not miss any opportunity You put before me. I pray the same for Tisha as she gets her Momma settled in at the hospital with her Daddy. I pray continued wisdom for his doctors. I pray for those going through medical testing, waiting on test results, and especially for the breast cancer survivor who has an appointment today for something found on a CT scan. I pray continued healing for those who recently had surgery. Don, JoAnn, Mike, and Kate. I pray continued strength for many going through treatments for 'c'...Little Ivy; my pastor friend finishing up radiation this week; Doug and Gay; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousin; and many others. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult seasons of life for a variety of reasons. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben and Colleen with her broken hand; Tony and Madeline; Pete and Delores; Cait; Norma Hall; Carrie; Little Jensen who needs a heart; many with COVID including a thirty something father/husband who was life flighted; Joni; Wanda; Owen; Sharon Sebolt; Pottenger Famly; Serena's husband; Tim and Kathy Kilgore; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a teen in a volatile home situation; a husband/father separated from his wife; George and Sharon; and many others. Thank You for being My Anchor! Amen.

No comments: