Wednesday, November 10, 2021

James 1 - "Trust In You"



Last night in Bible study Sue made the statement, "God wants what is best for us." Woo hoo! Yes He does! He does not want what is second best but what is best. There are times in life we try to manipulate situations to get the outcome we want.  God gives us free will so He does not always stop us. It is during those times we may not receive His best because of our actions. God can and will bless us even when we do not walk the road of obedience but if we desire to have His best we must stay focused on Him. When we give into the ways of the enemy and sin as James speaks of in verse seventeen, we will miss what God has planned for us receiving His best. Sin separates us from God. It does not have to be a permanent separation because God forgives and is always ready to accept us into His loving arms.  I mentioned last night I love the word picture given about how God does not change like shifting shadows. We can be assured of this. He is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. Woo hoo! Praise His Holy Name! I also love and desire to be a kind of firstfruits of all He created. Another woo hoo! I love the way James writes. He makes God more personable. James wrote in chapter four about how we are to submit to God (vs 7-10). Repentance is key in our relationship with Him. When we repent and resist the antics of the devil, we will come into deeper relationship with God. The desires of His heart is for us to live in Him fully so we can love others with His love. We cannot live with one foot in the world and other for Him. We must allow Him to cleanse us and fill us with Himself so people will see/hear Him and not us. When we pray, we must expect Him to answer us. Sometimes the answer is not always what we desire but it is always what is best for us. I am thankful we cannot see the future. I also am thankful I am to the point in life where I do not have to 'know' the reasons for what He does. I not only accept His reasons but I embrace them. Living this type of life gives me His peace. I am reminded this morning of a song Lauren Daigle sings called "Trust In You."

Truth is, You know what tomorrow brings
There's not a day ahead You have not seen
So, in all things be my life and breath
I want what You want Lord and nothing less

When You don't move the mountains I'm needing You to move
When You don't part the waters I wish I could walk through
When You don't give the answers as I cry out to You
I will trust, I will trust, I will trust in You!

I will trust in You!
You are my strength and comfort
You are my steady hand
You are my firm foundation; the rock on which I stand

Your ways are always higher
Your plans are always good
There's not a place where I'll go
You've not already stood

Dear Jesus, Thank You for my time last night with the ladies for Bible study and for the on-line class I am currently doing on the book of James! Thank You for the next couple days ahead with ladies from my church as we travel and have fun! Thank You for Marion going to therapy yesterday even though she was in pain! Thank You for late night talks with Rickey that are filled with laughter! Thank You for all the ways You bless me! Thank You for Sharon's Daddy getting home and her grandson getting medication for his illness! Father, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May I shine brightly for You in the day ahead. Thank You for peace in the midst of the storms of life! I pray Your peace over Tisha and her family as they await news about her Daddy. I also pray for the family in Willard who had a house fire with the loss of a family member. Lord, I pray You will be so real to them through people loving on them with Your love. I pray Your peace over many going through trials to lean into Your strength and allow You to be who You desire to be in their life. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben and Colleen; Steve; Pete and Delores; Tony and Madelines; Cait; Tim; Mike as he has surgery this morning and Little Liam who has a fever; Norma Hall; Carrie; Little Ivy's family; Little Jensen who needs a heart; many with COVID including Rickey's singing partner Tim; Joni; Wanda; Sharon Sebolt; Pottenger Famly; Simone; Serena's husband; Tim and Kathy Kilgore; Chrissy and her family; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a teen in a volatile home situation; a husband/father separated from his wife; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Gay and Doug; and many others. Thank You for being My Best! Amen.

No comments: