Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Psalm 37 - "The More I Seek You"


What an awesome day the Lord blessed me with yesterday! Woo hoo! He is so, so good! I started my day with Him, took a walk in my neighborhood, talked with Rickey over the phone, face timed with my dear friend Haydn, talked with my Momma multiple times, picked up another Christmas present, spent time with Marion, walked and enjoyed the swings at the waterfront, dinner with Clay and Jo Ann, Bible study with three new friends, and ended the day talking with Rickey. It was a full and blessed day. The weather was gorgeous to be out and about. Seventy-five and sunny is perfect! The day was not all perfect as an urgent prayer request came for Little Ivy who was running a fever. Thankfully within a short time it lowered. I shared with one yesterday the words King David wrote in Psalm 34 that God gives us the desires of our heart. He blesses us as we bless Him. As we trust Him, He gives us exactly what we need to not just get through life but to glorify Him through it. As I was swinging yesterday at the waterfront park I thought about how a year ago when I was there walking I would cry from sadness. Having Doc, Mr. Fran, Grammy, and Mordecei leave me within a short time was so hard. There were days I didn't know how I was going to make it but here I am a year later with a stronger faith than I have ever experienced. In The Passion Translation verses three through six remind me that it takes trusting Him with every aspect of our being to live for Him in the manner He so desires. Find your delight and true pleasure in Yahweh, and He will give you what you desire the most. What I desire the most is to be the godly woman He has called me to be. I want to make Him proud of me. I desire to realize His presence to the fullest degree possible. This morning I have the song "The More I Seek You" going through my mind...

The more I seek you
The more I find you
The more I find you
The more I love you

I want to sit at your feet
Drink from the cup in your hand
Lay back against you and breathe, feel your heart beat
This love is so deep, its more than I can stand
I melt in your peace, its overwhelming

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for Rickey who encourages me so greatly! Thank You for technology that allows for phone conversations! Thank You for my friends Haydn, Clay, and Jo Ann who I spent time with yesterday and for my Tuesday night Bible study group! Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I do not want to miss anything You have for me. Thank You for waking me early to pray for many who are going through procedures, illnesses, etc.! I pray for: Tisha who is having a hysterectomy this morning; Little Ivy who is battling a fever; Joyce who is having dental work this morning; Bri as she mourns the death of her Momma; Rickey's singing partner Tim who is on a ventilator; and for those involved in the shootings last night. I also pray for those going through 'tough' days to realize Your peace. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben and Colleen; Steve; Tony and Madeline; Joni; David's brother who had surgery yesterday; Wanda; Melanie; Cait; Mike; Joan; Terri Hall; Sharon Sebolt; the Pottenger Family; Carrie; Simone; Savon; Kandi; Serena's husband; Norma Hall; Donna; Chrissy and her family; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; Tim and Kathy Kilgore; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a friend who needs protection in a hostile workplace; ones dealing with verbal attacks from 'friends' and loved ones; a teen in a volatile home situation; many with COVID; and so many others. I continue to pray for healing for: Laurie's back, Little Jensen who needs a heart transplant; Ashley; Pastor Kevin; Pastor Bill; Sharon's niece Amy; Gay and Doug; and Ed. Thank You for being My Peace! Amen. 

No comments: