Sunday, November 28, 2021

Jeremiah 29:11-13 - "Blessings"


Forty-one years ago at 6:19 AM my first born came into this world. Paul was the 'perfect' baby with ten little fingers and ten little toes. His birth was not a typical one but God protected us both through it. I remember after having a nap asking the nurse to open the blinds and it was snowing so beautifully. It was 'perfect' as I loved snow so much and he grew up loving snow. He was the 'perfect' baby with eating, sleeping, and very little issues. He started sleeping through the night at the age of two weeks which was not the normal for a newborn but it made this Momma happy. His demeanor was 'perfect' in the way he was so easy going. We could take him anywhere and he was content. As I reflect back on him growing up there were little issues with him. I'm not saying he didn't give us grief from time to time but for the most part he was a 'good' boy. As I see him now as a husband and father I see a godly man who continues to strive to be 'good' in the sense that he strives to be who God desires him to be. Their move to Texas was all God. This picture was taken in June when I was able to go visit them in Texas. It was just a short visit but it was a 'good' one. We packed a lot into those few days with sight seeing, lounging in their beautiful pool and back yard, eating yummy food, etc. I was so excited to see where they live. I am one proud Momma! That night forty-one years ago was spent praying. I thought I had the flu and did not realize I was in labor until my water broke. Then the prayers got real intense. Last night I was awake throughout the night praying. Saturday nights are always filled with prayers for pastors. I pray before I go to bed, whenever the Lord wakes me during the night, and then again in the morning for pastors to be who He has called us to be as we go into the pulpit. Along with my prayers for pastors I prayed for Paul as he celebrates another birthday today. Around midnight I received another update on my Rickey and I prayed for God to continue to heal him. I prayed for my headache to go away so I could do what God desired of me today. Once again, the night was full of prayers. Prayer is key in one's life if they desire to walk in obedience to His will. It is key in the sense God does not need our prayers but we need to pray. Praying draws us closer to God. The more we pray for His will the more we will realize life is not about us but about Him. I started praying for Paul when I was a little girl. I prayed for my children, their siblings, their spouses, and their children. I always wanted six children. Three boys and three girls. God blessed me with three boys and their wives are my three girls. God is so awesome in the way He blesses us! Sometimes the blessings come easily and sometimes not. Paul's birth into this world was not 'easy' but it was a blessing.

We pray for blessings, we pray for peace
Comfort for family, protection while we sleep
We pray for healing, for prosperity
We pray for Your mighty hand to ease our suffering
And all the while, You hear each spoken need
Yet love us way too much to give us lesser things

'Cause what if Your blessings come through raindrops
What if Your healing comes through tears
What if a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know You're near
What if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise


Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessing of Paul's birth into this world forty-one years ago! Thank You for Liz and Miss Bella who complete his family! I pray a great day of celebration for them today. May You continue to bless them as they continue to seek Your will in their life. Father, i thank You for an encouraging update on Rickey late last night. Once again, I pray for continued healing in his body. Lord, I was so glad Michael told the nurse to tell him we are here for him. We never know what is heard in such circumstances. I continue to pray for Michael, Anna, and Matthew to feel Your strength in these 'tough' days. Lord, I pray the same for myself. I trust You but in my humanness the tears fall. Keep my faith strong that You are in control. Oh how I pray it is not his time to leave us. Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You. May You be heard/seen in my actions, attitude, thoughts, and words today. May Your peace shine brightly through me. I pray Your peace over many going through 'tough' days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Tony and Madeline; Tisha and her family; Cait; Norma Hall; Carrie; Little Jensen who needs a heart; many with COVID; Sharon Sebolt; the Pottenger Family; Serena's husband; Tim and Kathy Kilgore; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a teen in a volatile home situation; a husband/father separated from his wife; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are recuperating from surgery and/or having treatments for 'c' and those dealing with diseases. JoAnn; Donald; Kate; Mike; Little Ivy; my pastor friend who finished radiation this week; Doug and Gay; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousin; George and Sharon; and a breast cancer survivor that had something show on CT scan. May You be so very close to Pastor Brenda with the tragic death of her nephew and Michael Johnson with the loss of his mother. I praise You for Linda Adams husband getting released from the hospital and two of my friends who received 'good' test results for their husbands. Lord, may we all realize "Blessings" come in different ways and not always in the timing we desire. I pray for all pastors as they go into the pulpit today to do so not in their own strength but in Your strength. May You shine brightly through all of us. May we all realize Your love to a deeper depth than ever before as we depend upon You. Thank You Jesus for being My Greatest Blessing! Amen.



No comments: