Thursday, November 11, 2021

Psalm 34:18-20; James 1 - "Christmas Card"

 

Sometimes I feel guilty having fun when others are hurting so. Yesterday was one of those times. I enjoyed my day with the ladies as we traveled to Myrtle Beach. We had a great time of fellowship over lunch, shopping, etc. As soon as we got to where we are staying I went for a walk on the beach by myself. I love the ocean...the way it looks...the way it sounds...the way it smells. I daydreamed as a little girl of someday getting to visit the ocean but I never dreamt I would ever be able to life close to it. God definitely gives us the desires of our hearts! As I walked yesterday I prayed for some going through some 'tough' times in their physical bodies or with loved ones. I also prayed for one young girl going through some deep emotional distress. After praying I called Rickey and talked about how emotional I was feeling. As I walked through a Christmas store I was hit with all the 'family' things and thinking about how much I miss being with my family throughout the year but especially this time of year. I am thankful to see the pictures Ben and Emily put on Facebook of them doing life. It makes me feel a part of their lives even with being so far apart. I am thankful for technology that keeps me 'connected' but it is not the same as hearing 'Grandma Sheila!' in person. After Rickey talking to me for a bit I went back to praying. I asked God to forgive me if I were feeling selfish. I prayed for those who have no family to have someone to love on them with His love. Loneliness is not a fun place to live. The thing we all need to remember is there is always someone who is in a worse situation than ours. Even when we are feeling down we can encourage someone else with His love and in the process we will feel better ourselves. I am reminded this morning of a song Steven Curtis Chapman sings called "Christmas Card"....

Christmas lights and decorations everywhere you turn
But all you feel inside is dark and gray
There may be joy for all the world but is there any joy for you
Hold on, Love is looking for a way
Hold on, I believe it’s why love came

So I’m sending you this Christmas card
To let you know somebody loves you
And I’m singing you this little song
To let you know you’re not alone
And I’m thinking, as we celebrate, how Love came down
So every lost and lonely broken heart would get found
And wherever you are, I hope this Christmas card
Finds you and reminds you
You are loved

I remember so many times I have dreaded holidays. I felt all alone even though I knew God was with me. Emotions run high during 'tough' days but they are very high during holidays. There are a lot of people who are struggling with feeling joyful and are not looking forward to the holidays. But we all need to remember God loves us and is with us. I am once again reminded of James 1 where he tells us to be joyful while going through trials. When we get past the worldly aspect of the holidays, we will see Jesus. When we focus on Him instead of the hurts of life, we will realize His love to a greater degree. 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace that wraps around me! Thank You for loving me so greatly that You bring verses such as Psalm 34:18-20 to encourage me! Thank You for Rickey understanding my hurts and for his words that comfort me! Thank You for this trip with Nancy, Carol, and Paula! What fun we had getting here and I know today will be another day of laughter and fun. I pray for those who are not feeling like life is fun right now. My heart breaks for Gay and Doug who are going through a hospital stay for him and Tisha with her Daddy in the hospital. It breaks for a young lady who had an emotional break-down. Oh Lord, be close to her. It breaks for another young lady with loss in a house fire. I pray peace over each of these ones and over: My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben and Colleen; Steve; Pete and Delores; Tony and Madelines; Cait; Tim; Mike who had surgery yesterday and Little Liam who is doing better; Norma Hall; Carrie; Little Ivy's family; Little Jensen who needs a heart; many with COVID including Rickey's singing partner Tim; Joni; Wanda; Sharon Sebolt; Pottenger Famly; Simone; Serena's husband; Tim and Kathy Kilgore; Chrissy and her family; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a teen in a volatile home situation; a husband/father separated from his wife; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; and many others. Thank You for being The One To Love Me! Amen.

No comments: