Sunday, November 7, 2021

Psalm 77 - "The God Who Stays"

 


God woke me with the direction to read Psalm 77 this morning and gave me a song Matthew West sings called "The God Who Stays." West wrote "that he's forever beating himself up for falling short of perfect and he asks God, 'Why aren't you done with me? How come you still use me in spite of me and how come you still love me?' West added: 'It's awesome to be reminded that even if it feels like nobody else is in our corner, He's the God who stays.'" God knows we cannot be perfect but He expects us to seek to be Christ-like. The more we strive for perfection the more we will be successful in being who He has called us to be. 

You're the God who stays
You're the God who stays
You're the one who runs in my direction
When the whole world walks away
You're the God who stands
With wide open arms
And You tell me nothing I have ever done can separate my heart
From the God who stays

David cried out for God to be with him in Psalm 77 when it seemed like He had walked away from him. God never leaves us. He is always with us. It is during 'tough' days we need to lean into Him more so He can be who He desires to be in our life. Matthew Henry wrote of this Psalm:

Days of trouble must be days of prayer; when God seems to have withdrawn from us, we must seek him till we find him. In the day of his trouble the psalmist did not seek for the diversion of business or amusement, but he sought God, and his favor and grace. Those that are under trouble of mind, must pray it away.

Prayer is key to life. It is key to realizing God's will for our life. Open communication with Him will bless us in abundance. The more we are in communion with Him the more we will realize the desires of His heart for us.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the safe travels yesterday on the busy highways and with the rain! Thank You for bringing Rickey into my life! His phone calls brighten my days and makes me realize You are taking care of me. Thank You for the opportunity to be with two of my favorite littles last night! Thank You for the privilege to pray for pastors! Lord, be with those who are hurting in their spirits and give them a renewal in their souls. I pray for many who are dealing with great hurt in their lives to allow You to be in control. I pray for Pastor Steve as he transitions back into pastoral ministry without his dear wife Peggy. May he remember "You're the God who stays" and will never leave him. I pray the same for many going through 'tough' days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben and Colleen; Steve; Pete and Delores; Tony and Medeline; Cait; Tim; Mike; Norma Hall; Melanie; Terri Hall; Carrie; Little Ivy's family; Little Jensen that needs a heart; many with COVID including Rickey's singing partner Tim; Joni; Wanda; Sharon Sebolt; Pottenger Famly; Simone; Serena's husband; Tim and Kathy Kilgore; Chrissy and her family; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a teen in a volatile home situation; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Sharon's father who had emergency surgery last night; Gay and Doug; and many others. May we all remember You are there for us. Thank You for being My God Who Stays! Amen.

No comments: