Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Psalm 33 - "Thank You Lord"

God took me to Psalm 33 this morning. I read it in a few versions and settled into the Voice. It is a Psalm David wrote praising God. I love how this Psalm is intertwined with so much of my day yesterday. Verse one begins with talking of how when we sing to Him all is right in the world. It reads: Release your heart’s joy in sweet music to the Eternal. When the upright passionately sing glory-filled songs to Him, everything is in its right place. As I had my Christmas music on last evening singing I felt this way. My day had many challenges yet as I sang I felt at peace. As I waited on the bridge to be opened yesterday I looked around at all of God's beauty and thought how awesome it is that He has me living here enjoying this beautiful weather and scenery. Verse nine reads: For He spoke, and all things came into being. single command from His lips, and all creation obeyed and stood its ground. As I prayed throughout the day for many I thought about those who are trying to do life on their own strength. It cannot be done successfully. It may work for awhile but not forever. It only works with God in control. Verses fifteen and sixteen read: He has formed every human heart, breathing life into every human spirit;   He knows the deeds of each person, inside and out. A king is not delivered by the might of his army. Even the strongest warrior is not saved by his own strength. One of my current classes is on God's name. Yesterday in the mail I received a book on Jesus' name for Advent. Verse twenty speaks of Him as Eternal...Divine Help...Impenetrable Shield. Verse twenty-one reads: Our hearts erupt with joy in Him because we trust His holy name. Yes! The thought or whisper of His name is all it takes to make a difference in our day. My study for tonight's Bible study on Matthew is about the last days and how we need to stay focused on Him. Verse twenty-two of Psalm 33 in the Voice reads: O Eternal, drench us with Your endless love, even now as we wait for You. Yes! We need to praise Him for every aspect of every breath we take as we wait for Him. He created us for a purpose and we need to embrace that purpose. Some days are 'tougher' than others but my earthly Daddy and Momma taught me to keep on pressing into the Lord and He will see me through. There are things we do not understand but that is OK because God is in control. Yesterday had disappointments but we still have hope in Him. Yesterday is no longer. There is a new day ahead. How we choose to live it is up to us. God gives us free choice. He knows what He wants us to do today and I pray I fulfill the desires of His heart. I am reminded of a song called "Thank You Lord"....

Blessings, on blessings, on blessings, on blessings
If I still got breath in these lungs
And that's all I need to get down on my knees
And be thankful for all that He's done

For my mama, for my friends
For Your love that never ends
For the songs that make us dance
On this ol' dirt floor
For my babies, for my girl
For the way they changed my world
Waking up today
Yeah, I just gotta say
Thank You Lord
Yeah, I just wanna say
Thank You Lord (oh, now)

Dear Jesus, Thank You for Psalm 33 that reflects my day yesterday in so many ways! Thank You for the blessing of waking up again this morning! Lord, I pray for wisdom as the 'hippy hippy shakes' are coming more frequently. I pray healing over them. Thank You for loving me so greatly! Thank You for giving me so many opportunities to share Your love! Father, I pray for Marion to feel Your strength today as she is struggling. I pray Your strength over many going through 'tough' days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben and Colleen; Tony and Madeline; Pete and Delores; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Carrie; Little Ivy's family; Little Jensen who needs a heart; many with COVID; Joni; Wanda; Owen; Sharon Sebolt; Pottenger Famly; Simone; Serena's husband; Tim and Kathy Kilgore; Chrissy and her family; some young ladies with anxiety; a young couple who miscarried and Bre with the loss of her little guy; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a teen in a volatile home situation; a husband/father separated from his wife; Sharon's husband, daughter Ashley, and niece Amy; Tisha and her family with her Daddy's health; Gay and Doug as they go through his journey with 'C'; Joyce; a friend with severe gastric issues; a friend whose husband is awaiting test results; Joyce as she continues to seek You in her walk as a widow; a friend who is undergoing testing along with her husband; Jen and Jed with all that is going on in their family; and many others. May each of them lean into You for strength. Thank You for Rickey getting his phone replaced quickly! It was hard to not have communication with him. Thank You for giving me Your peace as I await answers to two unspoken requests! Thank You for the good call from Momma's doctor yesterday! Thank You for being My Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow! Amen.

No comments: