Wednesday, November 24, 2021

II Timothy 1:7 - "You Are My Anchor"


After finishing my morning time with God yesterday He brought to me the song "You Are My Anchor." At first I thought I had not listened and put the 'wrong' song on with my blog with "You Never Let Go." Then He told me to post this one by itself because someone needed to hear it. It goes...

You are my anchor
So steady me, steady me now
You are my anchor
You're keeping my feet on the ground
In angry oceans, You've never broken through
Every wave of the storm
You are my anchor
So steady me, steady me now
Come steady me, steady me now

When I get tired of fighting
All of the fears I've been hiding
You gave me your breath, and tell me to rest
You never left
I can, I can, I can hear You, calling me by name
Pulling me up from under my shame
Never be the same
I can face anything, so let it rain

Wow, God! He does keep my feet on the ground when the waves start crashing in on me. Sometimes the crashing waves come from Him to stretch my faith. Sometimes they come from the enemy to try to mess with me. No matter where they come from God is with me. I do not have to fear the unknown because God knows all. I do not have to fear the 'what ifs' the enemy tries to put in my mind because God knows all. I do not have to fear making wrong decisions because God knows what I need to do and directs me in the process as I walk in obedience to Him. Plain and simple. God knows all and is with me. The 'someone' who needed to hear this song yesterday morning was me. Throughout the day it went through my mind as most everything that could go wrong did go wrong. I prayed before going in to pick up Marion for therapy that she would cooperate. I figured I was going to be in for a confrontation with her with the way my day was going. What a pleasant surprise to have just a little resistance from her even though she was in pain. As the day continued and night pressed in I was so emotionally tired from the day. I did not do much of anything. I felt like I could no longer function so I laid down and from time to time would get up to accomplish a task. I love the part in this song that goes You gave me your breath, and tell me to rest...You never left Yes! I can attest to this being truth. He gave me what I needed yesterday physically, mentally, emotionally, financially, and most of all spiritually. He empowered me to make decisions He desired and not in my flesh. Woo hoo! Praise His Holy Name! I am one blessed lady!

Dear Jesus, What a day yesterday was with so many obstacles in the way but You continued to be with me! Woo hoo! I praise You for all the ways You love on me and the way You empowered me to not fall apart as one thing after another went 'wrong.' Lord, today is a new day and once again I have no clue whether I will leave this house or not but I pray You will use me to be a beacon of light for You no matter what is ahead. Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me. I pray against the enemy having any foothold into my day. I pray for healing for Rickey. Lord, be so real to him. Thank You  for giving me opportunities to care for him even though I am seven hundred miles away! Thank You for people who are willing to help! I pray for healing for so many going through 'tough' times in their physical, emotional, mental, financial, and most of all spiritual bodies. I pray continued strength over those recuperating from surgery. JoAnn, Donald, Kate, and Mike. I pray continued strength for those going through treatments for 'c'...Little Ivy; my pastor friend finishing up radiation agin; Doug and Gay; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousin; George and Sharon; and many others. I pray continued wisdom for doctors for: my friend awaiting a CT scan; Colleen with her appointment this morning; Tisha's Daddy; a breast cancer survivor that had something show on CT scan; and two friends waiting on test results for their husbands. I pray continued peace over many going through difficult seasons in their life for a variety of reasons. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben and Colleen; Tony and Madeline; Pete and Delores; Cait; Norma Hall; Carrie; Little Jensen who needs a heart; many with COVID including a thirty something father/husband who was life flighted; Owen; Sharon Sebolt; Pottenger Famly; Serena's husband; Tim and Kathy Kilgore; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a teen in a volatile home situation; a husband/father separated from his wife; and many others. Thank You for being My Anchor! Amen.

No comments: