Sunday, November 21, 2021

Hebrews 13:5 - "Promises"


Going through cards yesterday from last year was such a blessing. Reading the words of comfort from friends and famly close by and from miles away blessed me in abundance. I felt so loved as i went through them. I thought about how many times I was struggling emotionally and would go to the mailbox and find a card. God is so good to provide exactly what we need. A card is something that not only blesses us when we receive it but also when we re-read it. I love to send cards and I really love to make them. I just recently was able to make some again after a couple years away from it and was so blessed. Making cards is therapeutic for me as my creative juices get going. A visit with someone is more personal but when you just can't make a visit, a card or call is the next best thing. My favorite way to visit is with a homemade plate of goodies in my hand or a meal I made. Yesterday taking brownies to Joshua for taking my trash was a way I showed appreciation. A visit or card does not disappoint like other ways of contact. It is disappointing to send a text to someone and not receive a reply. It is disappointing to make a call only to get voice mail with no response. I am constantly reminding myself God does not disappoint. People can and will disappoint but God will never. He is always here for me to soothe the hurts of life. Before going to bed, during the night, and again this morning I prayed for pastors who are going through some 'tough' days of disappointment. Some are experiencing death in their people due to COVID. There is joy in knowing where they are going but there is sadness in knowing you will no longer be doing life with them on this earth. There are some going through physical issues in themselves or family members. Hebrews 13:5 is one we all need to hang onto in such times. There are some who are struggling with their call. Once again Hebrews 13:5 is an anchor verse to keep our focus on Him when people or circumstances try to tear us apart. The words of people can be so devastating but the love of God is the soothing balm over them. The saying 'hurting people hurt people' is one of truth. It is hard to overlook such words but really what we need to do is pray for them. We need to love with His love in a way people will realize His love. Some people may seem unlovable but we must remember God loves all of us. He blesses us as we allow Him. Yesterday as I was cleaning closets out the words to "Promises" were on my lips throughout the day.

Great is Your faithfulness to me
Great is Your faithfulness to me
From the rising sun to the setting same, I will praise Your name
Great is Your faithfulness to me

Yes! His faithfulness goes beyond what any human can do for us. Sometimes we humans fail to do as He directs. Sometimes we humans fail to remember to make contact with others. Sometimes we humans put things off. Those 'sometimes' are not part of God's vocabulary. He is an All-The-Time God! Praise His Holy Name!

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the prayers You laid on my heart for pastors before going to bed, during the night, and again this morning! I pray You will be with those going through 'tough' days and remind them they are loved. I pray for people to show Your love to them in ways that will be meaningful. Lord, thank You for all I accomplished yesterday, the gift card I found in a card, the way You blessed me as I read many cards again, etc. Thank You for giving me peace with not finding the grand babies Christmas stockings! Lord, whatever lies ahead today is in Your hands. I pray a cleansing in my spirit so I will shine brightly for You. May You be seen/heard in my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray for many going through 'tough' days to realize Your love. May people love on them with Your love. Thank You for staying close to Tisha and her family with their packing party yesterday and now today as they take her Daddy to the hospital! Thank You for giving the doctors wisdom in finding the issue in Joyce's daughter-in-law and Elaine! I pray for Charlene as she awaits surgery; two friends waiting on test results for their husbands; and my friend who will be having a CT scan for her stomach issues. I pray for those recuperating from surgery to embrace Your strength through the days ahead. Mike, Don, Kate, and JoAnn. I pray continued strength for many going through treatments for 'c'...Little Ivy; my pastor friend having radiation this week; Doug and Gay; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousin; and many others. Continue to be what is needed in the daily lives of many going through a difficult season. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben and Colleen with her broken hand; Tony and Madeline; Pete and Delores; Cait; Norma Hall; Carrie; Little Jensen who needs a heart; many with COVID; Joni; Wanda; Owen; Sharon Sebolt; Pottenger Famly; Serena's husband; Tim and Kathy Kilgore; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a teen in a volatile home situation; a husband/father separated from his wife; and many others. I pray Rickey will wake up feeling better. Thank You for bringing him into my life! What a blessing he is! Thank You for giving me peace as I await Your direction with two unspoken requests. Lord, I pray for Your words and attitude with these situations. Thank You for being My All-The-Time God! Amen.

No comments: