Saturday, November 20, 2021

Psalm 56 - "He Knows My Name"

This time of year with the holidays approaching there are many emotions being expressed by people. This past week I counseled one who lost both parents in the last month. Needless to say the loss is heavy in her heart. I counseled with one who is struggling in their marriage and not feeling the joyous spirit the holidays normally brings in their family. I have listened to various ones who live alone and are lonely. I continue to pray for many who are going through trying times in life with physical, mental, emotional, financial, and most of all spiritual issues. I cannot imagine the turmoil people are facing with the mandate of the vaccine. I am praying for two young husbands/fathers who are standing for what they believe is right and being ridiculed in the process. This world is all messed up. Too many people are allowing the enemy to have control of their life instead of allowing God. My heart breaks for so many. Holidays are always trying but it seems like this year is even more so. I love playing Christmas music and am looking forward to the day after Thanksgiving when the decorations will be put up. On this day last year instead of thinking of decorations I was recuperating from surgery from my fall. It was on this day last year I was told I was not allowed to go home since I lived alone. The insurance company would not allow me to go into rehab because I was doing so well. That weekend was a whirl of emotions as they said I would be discharged and then repeatedly changed their minds. Throughout the weekend I kept reminding myself God was in control. I remember that Saturday Chris coming to visit and bringing me some Vitamin water. (He knew I would be struggling without my daily bottle.) His prayer over me that day was one I will never forget. I was so thankful God sent him that day. I was still trying to piece together the week in my mind since I had little to no memory of Tuesday through Friday. Thankfully Sandy was able to fill in a lot of the gaps as she was with me from time to time for my hospital stay. I will never forget when I finally woke up and was able to think clearly how sad I felt. My trip to spend Thanksgiving with Paul and his family was cancelled and then to find out I was not allowed to be alone was devastating. Life was emotional anyway but then the fall made it even worse. I was so used to Doc taking care of me in such times. I don't even remember how it all came about but I am thinking there were conversations between Sandy and Carrington's that brought about me going to their home when I was discharged. What a selfless family they are to take me for that week and care for me. When Thanksgiving day came, I felt such an urgency in my spirit to be at home so they dropped me off before going to their family celebration. I spent a couple hours here thinking about past Thanksgivings, crying some, and feeling so alone. God came to me that day and wrapped His loving arms around me. He reminded me He was always with me. He reminded me He put great people to take care of me. My tribe. They are the best. Some are here in my area and some are miles away. The one thing I know for sure is I can count on them anytime I need them. This morning as I reflect back on a year ago the tears are falling once again. They have fallen many times in the last year. Some due to sadness and some due to joy. The coolest part of crying is knowing God sees every tear that falls. He blesses me through every tear. His love is what has got me through this last year and will continue to get me through the emotional days ahead. Oh how I pray for more people to realize His love in such a way. I am reminded this morning of the song "He Knows My Name"...

I have a father,
He calls me his own
He'll never leave me,
No matter where I go

He knows my name
He knows my every thought
He sees each tear that falls
And hears me when I call

I was reading Psalm 56 this morning and was so blessed by the last few verses. They read in the Voice...

I am bound by Your promise, O God.
    My life is my offering of thanksgiving to You,
13 For You have saved my soul from the darkness of death,
    steadied my feet from stumbling
So I might continue to walk before God,
    embraced in the light of the living.

Yes! This is exactly how I live my life...as an offering of Thanksgiving to Him. Everything I do is for Him. Every blessing I enjoy throughout the day is from Him. We do not see blessings sometimes at the time they happen but can reflect and see them. My fall did not seem like a blessing yet God used so many people to care for me afterward. When I was finally allowed to come home, He blessed me with Sheri coming and staying for three weeks. Different ones brought food and checked on me. Elizabeth and Rebecca put up my Christmas tree. The list goes on and on. God never left me. He was right there with me through some pretty emotional times. He not only held me in His heart but held my tears. He continues to do so. He knows my hurts. He knows the loneliness. He knows every aspect of my life. "He Knows My Name."

Dear Jesus, I don't know why You brought these memories to me this morning but I know You have a reason. Thank You for being with me last year at this time and for continuing to be with me every moment of every day! Thank You for my tribe who love on me so well! Thank You for the reminder You are catching every tear that falls! Father, may I continue to live with My life is my offering of thanksgiving to You, as David wrote in Psalm 56. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You shine brightly through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today. Father, may people who are going through 'tough' days realize You in a more intimate way. May they have people in their lives who love on them with Your love so they will realize they are not alone. Thank You for giving doctors wisdom with: Elaine's health, my friend who needs a CT for her gastric issues, and my friend who received good results from her colonoscopy. I pray for her husband's results to be favorable too. I pray for those going through recuperating from surgery to embrace Your strength through the days ahead. Mike, Don, Kate, and JoAnn. I pray continued strength for many going through treatments for 'c'...Little Ivy; my pastor friend having radiation this week; Doug and Gay; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chirssy's cousin; and many others. I pray for Charlene as she awaits surgery; a friend who is waiting on test results for her husband; and Tisha and her family as they await the next step for her Daddy. Continue to be what is needed in the daily lives of many going through a difficult season. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben and Colleen; Tony and Madeline; Pete and Delores; Cait; Norma Hall; Carrie; Little Jensen who needs a heart; many with COVID; Joni; Wanda; Owen; Sharon Sebolt; Pottenger Famly; Simone; Serena's husband; Tim and Kathy Kilgore; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a teen in a volatile home situation; a husband/father separated from his wife; Joyce as she continues to seek You in her walk as a widow; Jen and Jed with all that is going on in their family; and many others. I pray Your healing touch to come down upon Rickey with his cold. I wish I weren't so far away but I know You are with him. May all who are going through difficult days know You are in control. May all realize Your strength with whatever the day ahead holds. Lord, be so real with my two unspoken requests. I pray for Your will in both. Thank You for being My Tear Catcher! Amen.

No comments: