Saturday, November 27, 2021

Hebrews 13:15 - "Anchor"

 

Yesterday was a 'tough' day where I did not feel like having praises come off my lips but knew I needed to do so. I knew if I did not praise God through this storm, the enemy would get a foothold and I sure did not want that to happen. It was a day of praying a lot, crying a lot, and begging God to be near. Knowing Rickey is being cared for medically comforts me. Praying with him over the phone before the squad came to take him to the hospital comforts me. Remembering our conversation a couple days ago about him knowing where he will spend eternity if this is his time comforts me. All of these 'comforts' are nice but my heart is still breaking as I wait for updates. It is hard to be here and not there. It is hard to not think about the 'what ifs' yet if I do then the enemy will come creeping in and cause havoc. It is hard to put one foot in front of the other and continue functioning yet I will because God is my strength. God is in control and knows what will happen today and what will happen in the days ahead. He is in control and will use this situation to be glorified as I allow Him. Yesterday I continually voiced out loud Philippians 4:13; II Timothy 1:7; and Proverbs 3:5-6. Repeating Scripture strengthens me and gives me what I need to carry on in 'good' days and 'tough' days. Earlier in the week I shared with Rickey the song "Anchor" that Skillet sings. We tease each other about our different taste in music. I am getting more used to bluegrass and he tolerates my contemporary Christian. When together, the radio plays his kind half the time and my kind the other half. I don't know how it happens but every so often my car radio changes to bluegrass without me doing it. It is crazy! The other day when I shared this song with him I told him I knew it is not his typical style to listen to but to please listen to the lyrics. These lyrics touch my heart as I think of people going through COVID.

Drifting beneath the horizon
Body is weak but I'm trying
To make it to shore, but I'm falling short
I need You more
Wave after wave, I've been sinking
So unto Your promise I'm clinging
You say that I'm strong, to You I belong
Keep holding on

You are my anchor
So steady me, steady me now
You are my anchor
You're keeping my feet on the ground
In angry oceans, You've never broken through
Every wave of the storm
You are my anchor
So steady me, steady me now
Come steady me, steady me now

When I get tired of fighting
All of the fears I've been hiding
You gave me your breath, and tell me to rest
You never left
I can, I can, I can hear You, calling me by name
Pulling me up from under my shame
Never be the same
I can face anything, so let it rain

He sees those going through 'tough' days as feeling weak and needing His strength. He sees the tiredness of fighting whatever it is we are going through. This song may have been written for spiritual battles in life but it applies to physical, mental, emotional, and financial battles too. We need His strength to get the trials. We need His wisdom with decisions we make during such times. We need to realize we need Him and then we need to allow Him to be who He desires to be in our lives. This line is so appropriate to those going through physical issues such as COVID. You gave me your breath, and tell me to rest You never left.

Dear Jesus, I will continue to praise You through this storm of life. I will continue to lean into Your strength for the days ahead. I will continue to pray for Your will for Rickey's healing. Lord, I am so grateful You put him in my life. I pray in these 'tough' days he is going through he will rest in You. Thank You for him being Your son! Thank You for loving on me as Your daughter! Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me today with more of You. May I function better today than yesterday. Thank You for waking me without the migraine! Lord, my heart breaks for so many going through 'tough' days. I pray You will be close to Anna, Michael, and Matthew today. I continue to pray for Tisha and her family as they make decisions for her Daddy's health. I also pray for Linda Adams with her husband having a heart attack. May they continue to lean into You. I pray for Michael Johnson to lean into Your strength with the loss of his dear Momma. I pray for many going through 'tough' days due to different circumstances of life. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Tony and Madeline; Cait; Norma Hall; Carrie; Little Jensen who needs a heart; many with COVID; Sharon Sebolt; the Pottenger Family; Serena's husband; Tim and Kathy Kilgore; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a teen in a volatile home situation; a husband/father separated from his wife; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are recuperating from surgery and/or having treatments for 'c' and those dealing with diseases. JoAnn; Donald; Kate; Mike; Little Ivy; my pastor friend who finished radiation this week; Doug and Gay; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousin; George and Sharon; a breast cancer survivor that had something show on CT scan; and two friends waiting on test results for their husbands. I pray Your strength over Pastor Brenda with the tragic death of her nephew. May we all remember to keep praises on our lips no matter what circumstances we are going through. May we remember it is through the storms of life that we draw deeper in our faith. Thank You Jesus for being My Anchor! Amen.

1 comment:

M&J Africa 2014 said...

Thank you for this uplifting blog Shelia. I had not heard this song. Thank you for your faithful prayers.