Sunday, November 14, 2021

Psalm 34 - "God Is So Good"


I woke up with the song "God Is So Good" going through my mind. Each of the verses have special meaning to me. 

"God is so good..." reminds me people will disappoint but God never does. He is always there for me to love on me with His love.

"He cares for me" reminds me of all the ways He has taken care of me over the years. It is amazing to think back on how He has cared for me.

"God answers prayers" reminds me He not only hears my prayers but He always answers them. Sometimes His answer is not what I desire but He knows what is best.

"I praise His name" reminds me no matter what is happening in my life I need to praise Him. The enemy does not like us to praise Him but God loves to hear our praises. 

David's writing in Psalm 34 shows us the right way to live is to praise God on this earth so we can spend eternity with Him. Nothing surprises God. He knows all and loves us through the 'good' and the 'tough' days. As we praise Him we will realize His love to a greater depth. As we praise Him it is easier to trust Him. As we praise Him we will realize life is not about us but about Him. Plain and simple. Praising God is key to a blessed life. Matthew Henry wrote:

By taste and sight we both make discoveries, and have enjoyment; Taste and see God's goodness; take notice of it, and take the comfort of it. He makes all truly blessed that trust in him. As to the things of the other world, they shall have grace sufficient for the support of spiritual life. And as to this life, they shall have what is necessary from the hand of God. 

Yes! Trusting God is where we all need to live. It breaks my heart to see people trying to do life in their own power instead of allowing God to do what He does best. I do not understand how people get through life without Him. I know the enemy is constantly trying to put lies upon us to pull us away from God and upon some to keep them away from God. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for waking me throughout the night to pray for pastors! I pray especially for Pastor Steve as he goes back into the pulpit this morning and for Pastors Jed and Jennifer and their family. I pray Your supernatural empowerment over all pastors. May we all speak the words You have given us to share. Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You shine brightly through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. May Your peace come down upon not just myself but all pastors when the enemy tries to trip us up. Lord, I pray Your peace over many going through 'tough' times. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben and Colleen; Tony and Madeline; Pete and Delores; Cait; Tim; Mike; Norma Hall; Carrie; Little Ivy's family; Little Jensen who needs a heart; many with COVID; Joni; Wanda; Sharon Sebolt; Pottenger Famly; Simone; Serena's husband; Tim and Kathy Kilgore; Chrissy and her family; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a teen in a volatile home situation; a husband/father separated from his wife; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Tisha and her family with her Daddy hospitalized; Gay and Doug as they go through his journey with 'C'; and many others. I pray blessings upon Rickey's day. Thank You for bringing him into my life! What an encouragement he is to me. Thank You for being The One I Seek! Amen.

No comments: