Thursday, November 18, 2021

James 1:2-4 - "Fires"

I woke up with the song "Fires" going through my mind. There are so many going through 'tough' days in their physical bodies. Medical testing, COVID, surgeries, threat of 'c' along with some going through treatment for it, broken bones, etc. Yesterday I had a conversation with a neighbor that encouraged me greatly. Her and her husband have both had surgeries in the last few months and she is still in a knee brace. The smile on  her face and the upbeat sound in her voice made me smile. How we lean into God will make a difference in the "Fires" we go through. The more we allow Him to be our strength the more we can rejoice in the process. I am reminded of James 1 this morning. I read it in different versions and settled into the Message. These verses encourage us to embrace challenges so our faith will grow. They encourage us to lean into God to get through such times and to realize He has a purpose for them. When going through 'tough' days, it can be hard to be joyful. The enemy does not like us to be joyful in the Lord and sometimes will even fight harder. But we must remember our God is greater than the enemy. We must remember that our God wants us to allow Him to be in control. The words to "Fires" say it all...

You've walked me through fires
Pulled me from flames
If You're in this with me
I won't be afraid

When the smoke billows higher, oh and higher
And it feels like I can barely breathe
I'll walk through these fires
'Cause You're walking with me

Yes! He is right there with us at all times and desires us to walk in His strength. He never leaves us. He never walks away from us. Even when we walk away from Him He is still with us. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the opportunities You gave me yesterday to love with Your love and for the ones ahead today! Thank You for the nine hours of sleep last night! Lord, You know what is on the calendar today but I pray You will keep my focus on You so I do not miss any opportunity You give me. I pray for favor with the refrigerator repairman this morning and for Marion to cooperate and go to therapy this afternoon. I pray for continued peace with my unspoken requests. I pray for Rickey to have safe travels for his workshops today and for a physical renewal in his body. I pray Your peace over many going through trying days. I pray for wisdom for doctors with: my friend's appointment for her gastric issues; Elaine's health with a low blood count; Kate with her surgery today; and JoAnn as she has back surgery today. I pray continued strength for many going through treatments for 'c'...Little Ivy; my pastor friend having radiation this week; Doug and Gay; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chirssy's cousin; and many others. I pray for Charlene as she awaits surgery; Mike as he recuperates from shoulder surgery; Don as he recuperates from knee surgery; a friend and her husband as they await test results; another friend who is waiting on test results for her husband; and Tisha and her family as they await the next step for her Daddy. Continue to be what is needed in the daily lives of many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben and Colleen; Tony and Madeline; Pete and Delores; Cait; Norma Hall; Carrie; Little Jensen who needs a heart; many with COVID; Joni; Wanda; Owen; Sharon Sebolt; Pottenger Famly; Simone; Serena's husband; Tim and Kathy Kilgore; some young ladies with anxiety; a young couple who miscarried and Bre with the loss of her little guy; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a teen in a volatile home situation; a husband/father separated from his wife; Joyce as she continues to seek You in her walk as a widow; Jen and Jed with all that is going on in their family; and many others. Father, be so real to all of us. Thank You for being My Fire Buddy! Amen.

No comments: