Monday, November 22, 2021

II Timothy 1:7; I Corinthians 15:54; Ephesians 6 - "In The Eye of The Storm"


God is so good! He is good in the 'good' days and He is good in the 'tough' days! He knows exactly what we need and provides. I love what my friend Mary wrote on my post about my 'hippy hippy shakes.' God is in control ! I read the back of the book and we won! Yes! We won! Praise His Holy Name! God loves us so much He gave His Son in death so we could live. But the story does not stop at His death because He rose again and lives today! Woo hoo! That is the best part of His story. I am so excited to preach Sunday. Here is a snippet of the sermon.

I love Paul’s words in I Corinthians 15:54 in the NIV. Death has been swallowed up in victory! Woo hoo! When we live for Him and leave this earth, it is not the end! Praise God! It is just the beginning! Eternal life with Him is the ‘icing on the cake’ for all believers. Just think…we will never die! Woo hoo! That is an exciting thing to think! 

Jesus died and left this earth only to be raised again. When we die and leave this earth and are living for Him, we will live for eternity with Him in heaven. No more 'hippy-hippy shakes'! Woo hoo! I feel guilty at times for asking for prayer for them because they are not life threatening but are aggravating. I truly believe the enemy is attacking me through them. He does not like what i am doing and is trying to discourage me. Not going to work! I am determined to stand in His full armor (Ephesians 6) as I begin another day. I am not sure what the day holds but God does. I am not sure if I will even leave the house but if not God will provide me opportunities to love with His love another way. Yesterday I had two things happen where the enemy tried to put fear upon me. I rebuked his antics and prayed for God to give me His strength and peace. Today is a new day. I am sure the enemy will try again but he won't win. As Mary said, God is in control ! I read the back of the book and we won! Woo hoo! Yes! What a treasure to realize this!

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the reminder from Mary You are in control! Thank You for the peace in my spirit You gave after I prayed with two situations yesterday when the enemy tried to put fear upon me! Thank You for cleansing me so I can be the godly woman You have called me to be. I don't know what is ahead today but You do and that is all that matters. I pray You will be proud of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today. Lord, there are so many people going through times where they need to experience Your peace. I pray for: Tisha and her family with her Daddy's health issues; two friends waiting on test results for their husbands; a breast cancer survivor who had something show on a CT; and my friend who will be having a CT scan for her stomach issues. I pray for those recuperating from surgery to embrace Your strength through the days ahead. Mike, Don, Kate, and JoAnn. I pray continued strength for many going through treatments for 'c'...Little Ivy; my pastor friend having radiation this week; Doug and Gay; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousin; and many others. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult seasons of life for a variety of reasons. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben and Colleen with her broken hand; Tony and Madeline; Pete and Delores; Cait; Norma Hall; Carrie; Little Jensen who needs a heart; many with COVID including a thirty something father/husband who was life flighted; Joni; Wanda; Owen; Sharon Sebolt; Pottenger Famly; Serena's husband; Tim and Kathy Kilgore; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a teen in a volatile home situation; a husband/father separated from his wife; and many others. I pray Rickey will wake up feeling better. What a blessing he is in my life! Thank You for favor with getting his tickets changed to come for a visit! Thank You for giving me peace as I await Your direction with two unspoken requests. Lord, be so real and open me up to what You desire me to hear in these situations. Thank You for being My Peace! Amen.

No comments: