Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Psalm 118:24 - "Thank You Lord"


Today is a new day. None of us knows what lies before us. Only God knows what we will face, the people we will be in contact with, etc. I am grateful I do not know everything about the day ahead. If I did, I would be tempted to manipulate things to make them be the way I think they should be, have the outcome I think is best, etc. We do not know what is best. Only God knows. Only God knows what we need to make our lives the way He desires. Sometimes we forget to allow God to be God in our lives. Sometimes we try to take control instead of allowing Him to be in charge. Sometimes we forget the best way to live is to allow Him to be our King of Kings and Lord of Lords. When these things happen, chaos becomes our norm. Chaos is from the devil not God. When we allow busyness to take over our life instead of allowing God's business to be our focus, life gets very messy. People who allow God to be in control of their life will not live a life full of roses. There will be trials because it is in trials our faith grows stronger. I am reminded this morning of a song called "Thank You Lord"...

Thank You Lord for the hard times
For lighting the way in the dark times
For pulling me in, forgiving again
The times that I took it too far, I

Gotta thank You for keeping me humble
For picking me up when I stumble
And although I change, You stay the same
And I don't say thank You enough

For my mama, for my friends
For Your love that never ends
For the songs that make us dance
On this ol' dirt floor
For my babies, for my girl
For the way they changed my world
Waking up today
Yeah, I just gotta say
Thank You Lord
I just wanna say
Thank You Lord

Yes! Days can be 'tough' but our God is tougher. When we lean into God and allow Him to work in and through us we will realize great blessings. God pours down His blessings upon us every day. Sometimes we realize them and sometimes we don't. Sometimes they are evident and we can see them right away and other times it takes time. We need to remember to thank Him for the 'good' and the 'tough' days. cDear Jesus, Thank You for the opportunity to love on others yesterday and the way You will bless me today to love on others! Thank You for giving me Your words in conversations! Thank You for making me mindful of when to keep my mouth shut! Thank You for the laughter Rickey and I started the day off with yesterday! Thank You for technology that allows us to converse even though we are seven hundred miles apart! Lord, You are so, so good to me! I can feel Your love every day by the way You guide me. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You shine brightly through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. May I be more intentional in living out this week's challenge to follow Your commands so I can be a beacon of light in this dark world as I love with Your love and allow You to be who You desire to be in my life. Father, there are so many going through 'tough' days. I pray they will realize Your love in a greater way. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben and Colleen; Steve; Pete and Delores; Tony and Madelines; Cait; Tim; Mike; Norma Hall; Carrie; Little Ivy's family; Little Jensen who needs a heart; many with COVID including Rickey's singing partner Tim; Joni; Wanda; Sharon Sebolt; Pottenger Famly; Simone; Serena's husband; Tim and Kathy Kilgore; Chrissy and her family; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a teen in a volatile home situation; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Gay and Doug; Tisha and her family; and many others. I pray for Sharon with her Daddy's health issues and her grandson is struggling physically. I pray continued strength for Carrington's and Sarah with all happening in their lives. Thank You for being My Heavenly Father! Amen.

No comments: