Sunday, January 31, 2021

Psalm 18 - "Into The Sea"


Yesterday was such an awesome day. The day started off with the person in front of me in the drive through buying my coffee and it just kept getting better and better. Meeting with friends at the church building to make the final list before inspection, a phone call from my Kentucky friends, meeting some new friends, talking on the phone with my Momma and another friend, using a gift card from Rhonda at the meat market, walking at The Sands, getting my stimulus check to put on my hospital bill, finishing a book and resting, finishing out my day with a phone call with a friend...the list goes on and on. I am one blessed lady! Sometimes when people ask how I am doing and say 'good' or 'great' they look at me like I'm crazy. Yes, I miss my honey and no, I would not have chosen this life but it's my life. I cannot bring Doc back nor would I want to in the condition he left this world. We talked many times over his last few months about how he wanted me to go on with life after he left. His desire was for me to continue living in God's will so God could direct my steps. Many times he told me he wanted me to find someone to love and each time I told him that would never happen because he was the only one I could ever love. He told me I was strong and I would be ok. I always responded that I knew I would be with God's strength but I did not want to have to be. God's plan is not always what we desire but it is always what is best for us. My faith is the strongest today than it ever has been because of what I have gone through. God is my Guide in the 'good' days and the 'tough' days. I think back on the song my son Paul shared with me right after Doc left.

My heart is breaking
In a way I never thought it could
My mind is racing
With the question, "are you still good?"

Can you make something
From the wreckage?
Would you take this heart
And make it whole again?

Though the mountains may be moved into the sea
Though the ground beneath might crumble and give way
I can hear my Father singing over me
"It's gonna be OK, it's gonna be OK"

I know it is gonna be OK because God is in control. It does not matter what people think but only what He thinks. What I do every day is blessed by Him because I walk in obedience to His will. I saw a picture last night that touched my heart in abundance.


I cannot bring Doc back but I can honor his wishes by living life. I do not know what is ahead but I know who does and that is all that matters. I know It's gonna be OK, it's gonna be OK as I allow the Lord to continue to be Who I listen to and walk in obedience to. I am so thankful for the days God puts before me. I am thankful for the people who love on me in the process. He is so good! He gave me Psalm 18:16-19 this morning as a reminder He takes care of me. I love the way this Psalm begins in The Passion TranslationLord, I passionately love you and I’m bonded to you, for now you’ve become my power! Yes! I do passionately love Him! He not only gets me through every day but He is glorified through my days. Verse three reads All I need to do is to call to you, singing to you, the praiseworthy God. When I do, I’m safe and sound in you. Praise His Holy Name! As I walked at The Sands yesterday, I was singing praises to Him. There is nothing better than walking at the beach singing. The warm sun was shining down on me but most importantly the Son was shining down on me. Woo hoo! Verse nineteen through twenty-four in The Passion Translation mean the world to me.

His love broke open the way
and he brought me into a beautiful broad place.
He rescued me—because his delight is in me!
20 He rewarded me for doing what’s right and staying pure.
21 I will follow his commands and never stop.
I’ll not sin by ceasing to follow him, no matter what.
22 For I’ve kept my eyes focused on his righteous words
and I’ve obeyed everything that he’s told me to do.
23 I’ve done my best to be blameless and to follow all his ways,
keeping my heart pure.
24 I’ve kept my integrity by surrendering to him.
And so the Lord has rewarded me with his blessing.
This is the treasure I discovered
when I kept my heart clean before his eyes.

His love is why I live every day in His presence. His love is why I ask Him each morning to cleanse me so He can fill me with more of Him. His love is what I treasure in my heart. Plain and simple. His love is why I exist.

Dear Jesus,

Thank You for the blessings from yesterday and the ones ahead in this day! Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me! May You shine brightly through me throughout the day ahead. May what You desire of me to say flow from me in the service today. I am so excited to preach what You have given me. I pray for all pastors preaching today to have such excitement. I pray for all of us to preach what You desire. Lord, I pray for my friend who has gone through some tough personal stuff this week to have Your peace as she preaches today. I pray for Mark and Lisa as they continue the battle with the cancer in her body. I prayed during the night for all pastors to experience Your love in a new, different way and continue to pray that prayer. Thank You for Pastor Bill's heart doing better! What a blessing You give us through doctors, medication, etc. Thank You for pastors who are on the other side with the COVID virus! I pray for Carl and his family as he is just beginning with it. Lord, protect his heart. Thank You Jesus for being My Treasure! Amen.

No comments: