Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Exodus 14:14 - "There Was Jesus"

I was so angry last night when I found out of a friend who was financially taken advantage of by a company. I do not understand how people can do such things but especially to those who are older and all alone in this world. I did a lot of praying not only for my friend to have wisdom but also for the souls of the people who did this to her. I prayed for the police to have compassion and wisdom as they work through the process and for her to find peace in the midst of this storm. I was angry but I knew I needed to handle my anger in the right way. Jesus showed righteous anger with the money changers in the temple (Matthew 21). They were blatantly doing wrong. Anger is not always a 'bad' thing. When we are standing up against sin, it is ok to be angry as long as we do not sin ourselves in the process. This situation reminded me of when someone stole my identity and took out a loan in my name. The company called me and demanded payment. I explained to them I didn't take out the loan and they said they had proof I had. We thought it was a scam with someone trying to get money and brought the police in on it. Not only had someone taken out a loan in my name but someone also filed taxes with my information. How in the world they did that is beyond me. How they received a refund under my information is also beyond me. We live in a sick world. Throughout the time of my situation I tried not to fret and just allow God to handle everything. This morning I am reminded of one of our verses in the January sermon series.

These words of Moses were the ones he gave the Israelites when they feared for their lives. They had gone through turmoil in the desert and were now faced with Pharoah's army coming down on them. Before them was the Red Sea and they felt trapped. They did not know God was going to part the water and they cried out for help. We do not know when God will perform a miracle in our lives. Sometimes we cry out for help and other times we try to handle things on our own. All we have to do is be still and allow Him to work in and through us. He will 'part the Red Seas' before us when we allow Him. He will provide 'food in the wilderness' when we allow Him. All we have to do is trust Him and know He is there for us. I love the song Zach Williams sings with Dolly Parton called There Was Jesus

In the waiting, in the searching
In the healing, in the hurting
Like a blessing buried in the broken pieces
Every minute, every moment
Where I've been or where I'm going
Even when I didn't know it
Or couldn't see it
There was Jesus

Jesus is always here for us. He desires to take care of us and love on us. Sometimes we think we don't want to bother Him or can handle things ourselves but we should never think that. We need to live in His presence 24/7 so He can guide us with every decision we make. When we  make decisions on our own, we will mess us and cause ourselves unnecessary heartache. I know I have gone through unnecessary heartache myself because I tried to take care of things myself instead of allowing Him to do so. 

Dear Jesus,

Thank You for always being here with me! Thank You for opening my eyes to life with You! Thank You for cleansing me today so I can be filled with more of You! May You shine brightly through my words, actions, thoughts, and attitude in a new, different way today. May You be in control of every decision that I make. Lord, keep my focus on You no matter what is ahead in this day. I pray for You to stay close to me throughout this day. Protect me from anything not of You. I pray for my friend who is going through this financial mess with being scammed. May she find Your peace in her spirit today. I pray for the decisions she makes to be led by You. Thank You Jesus for being My 24/7! Amen.

No comments: