Sunday, January 10, 2021

II Timothy 4 - "Reckless Love"



 

It was a typical Saturday night with praying for pastors. The Lord had me pray for the pastors on the South Carolina District before falling asleep. He had me pray for those struggling physically to allow Him to use the time of illness to strengthen them in their spiritual lives. He had me pray for those struggling financially to allow His wisdom to be theirs as they make decisions. He also had me pray for those struggling in relationships to allow Him to guide them through what they need to say and their attitude with those they are dealing with. He woke me once to pray for Pastor James who will be installed as the lead pastor of the Willard Church this morning. Doc would be so proud of him. The next time He woke me to pray it was for all of those who are filling the pulpit for those at pastor's retreat. The first thing I thought of this morning when I woke was a dear pastor friend who lost one of her sisters last night. My heart breaks for her and her family. Life is tough but God is tougher. Paul's writing to Timothy in II Timothy was one of encouragement. Paul prepared Timothy for 'tough' days that will happen. He prepared him for 'tough' people who would come his way. 'Tough' days are not necessarily 'bad' days because good can come from them. It is in the 'tough' days our faith can grow and we can become closer to God. Woo hoo! There will be days when we want to give up but we cannot. I love Paul's words to Timothy at the beginning of this chapter...

 

Timothy, in the presence of our great God and our Lord Jesus Christ, the One who is destined to judge both the living and the dead by the revelation of his kingdom—I solemnly instruct you to proclaim the Word of God and stand upon it no matter what! Rise to the occasion and preach when it is convenient and when it is not. Preach in the full expression of the Holy Spirit—with wisdom and patience as you instruct and teach the people. TPT

 

God will give us His strength to not only get through the 'tough' days but to praise Him through them. He will never leave us but instead will be with us at all time. Ministry is challenging but the best part about it is knowing we don't have to do anything on our own strength. We can stand in the empowerment of the Holy Spirit at all time. As we stand in His empowerment, we can be blessed with the promise of verse eighteen...

 

And my Lord will continue to deliver me from every form of evil and give me life in his heavenly kingdom. May all the glory go to him alone for all the ages of eternity!

 

Woo hoo! Eternity with Him is my goal. I am sure as I live in obedience to His will on this earth, I will meet this goal. Woo hoo!

 

Dear Jesus,

Thank You for the privilege to pray for pastors throughout the night! Thank You for all the ways You bless me! Thank You for time with family yesterday! It was so awesome to see Sue, Madeline, and the kids. Thank You for my walk on the beach! Thank You for this time at retreat where I received more healing in my emotional being! Thank You for the way You confirmed something to me! You are such an awesome God! Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me today with more of You. May You shine brightly through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today. May You be greater than anything that comes my way. Father, I pray for Pastor Titus as they await the plan for his brain cancer. May You be so real to him and his family. I also pray for Pastor James, Adavee, and the kids as he is installed as lead pastor this morning. May there be great days ahead for them in their ministry. I pray for all pastors filling pulpits this morning to be blessed by You. Lord, I also pray for all of us who will be traveling home today to have safe travels and to reflect upon what we have received this weekend. I pray for You to ooze out of me when I preach this evening with what You have given me. Lord, be with my friend who lost who sister last night. May You be greater than the hurts of her heart. Thank You Jesus for being My Strength! Amen.

No comments: