Sunday, January 3, 2021

Isaiah 40:31 - "There's Nothing Our God Can't Do"


Saturday night is special with the way God wakes me to pray for pastors. The first time He woke me to pray for response to what He gave me to preach today. The second time He had me praying for pastors who are struggling in their marriage and for their spouses. Being a pastor's spouse is challenging in many aspects of life. The difficulties increase when a spouse runs from the call God places on their life. It takes submission to His will to be the person He calls us to be. He reminded me this morning of the promise of Isaiah 40:31 of His strength available to all. He also reminded me He is in control of every situation we find ourselves in. He brought the song "There's Nothing Our God Can't Do" to my mind this morning. These words are powerful to reflect upon when going through 'tough' times.

There's nothing that our God can't do
There's not a mountain that He can't move
Oh praise the name
That makes a way
There's nothing that our God can't do

Just one word
You heal what's broken inside me
Just one word
And you revive every dream

We must remember God is in control no matter what we go through. He is in control of the 'good' days and the 'bad' days. He desires to direct us but we must be willing participants. We must submit to Him so He can work in and through us. We must be willing to say 'yes' even when it does not make sense to us. We must be willing to speak when the Holy Spirit prompts us and be quiet when He directs us to be silent. This is hard in our flesh but the Holy Spirit empowers us to walk in obedience to God's will as we allow Him.

Dear Jesus,

Thank You for the opportunity to pray for pastors and their spouses! Thank You for the empowerment of the Holy Spirit when we submit to You! Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You ooze out of me in a mighty way today. May people see/hear You instead of me. Thank You for the opportunity to preach this morning! I pray people will respond to what You gave me. Lord, I pray especially for: Pastor Rolland Evans and his family with the loss of their granddaughter; Pastor Titus Smith and his family with his upcoming brain surgery; the family of Pastor Jav's family as they grieve; continued prayers off healing for Pastor Rick McCartney and Pastor Bradley Stacey. Lord, be with all pastors and their spouses. May we all walk in obedience to Your will to not only spend eternity with You but to share You with all we meet. Lord, I miss doing life with Doc so much. I am grateful he is no longer suffering but I am so lonely. I am standing on the words to this song. You heal what's broken inside me. Yes! Thank You for being My Healer! Amen.


No comments: