Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Psalm 102 - "Home"

God took me to Psalm 102 this morning. This begins with lament but ends with confidence of victory with God. Spurgeon wrote of this Scripture:

The whole composition may be compared to a day which, opening with wind and rain, clears up at noon and is warm with the sun, continues fine, with intervening showers, and finally closes with a brilliant sunset. 

I love this word picture! When we go through 'tough' days, God is with us. He is with us in the 'good' days and the 'bad' days. His promises are always there to encourage us. In The Passion Translation this Psalm is entitled:

From Tears to Praise
A prayer for those who are overwhelmed and for all the discouraged who come to pour out their hearts before the Lord

We all become overwhelmed at times with our present circumstances. Life can be hard but we do not have to stay in such a state when we cry out to the Lord to help us. He desires us to cry out to Him so we will realize He is the Only Way to get through such times. He will use such times to grow our faith and draw us closer to Him. There is no one else who can do for us like Him. There is no one else who has the answers as He has or knows what we need like He does. There is no one else who can love us like He does. He knows when our appointed time to leave this earth will be. We need to be ready for that time when it comes. We need to make sure we are living in obedience to Him so we can spend eternity with Him. Our time on earth is temporary. The problems we have on earth are temporary. The illnesses we have here will no longer be in heaven. Woo hoo! We can look forward to new bodies in heaven...physical, mental, emotional,  and most of all spiritual. Praise His Holy Name!

This world is not what it was meant to be
All this pain, all this suffering
There's a better place
Waiting for me
In Heaven

Every tear will be wiped away
Every sorrow and sin erased
We'll dance on seas of amazing grace
In Heaven
In Heaven

I'm goin' home
Where the streets are golden
Every chain is broken
Oh I wanna go
Oh I wanna go
Home
Where every fear is gone
I'm in your open arms
Where I belong
Home

Dear Jesus,

Thank You for the promises of Your Word! Thank You for hearing our prayers! Thank You for the knowledge when we live on earth for You, we will live for eternity with You! Thank You for Doc no longer suffering on this earth! Thank You for the knowledge he is pain-free and living with You! Thank You for the promise of heaven! Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You. May You be seen/heard through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today. Father, whatever happens at my appointment is in Your hands. Give me what I need to not just get through it but for You to be glorified through it. Lord, I continue to pray for so many who are struggling with illness especially COVID. I also pray special prayers over those who are not living as You desire. Thank You Jesus for blessing me yesterday on the four month anniversary of Doc taking his final breath on this earth! These days are so lonely, May You continue to be greater than the hurts of my heart. Thank You for being My Only Way! Amen.

No comments: