Monday, January 25, 2021

Jeremiah 17:7; Psalm 1:1-3 - "It Is Well"


Yesterday was such a blessed day. Participating in Sunday School, having the privilege to preach, rest time before Ben and the grand babies came, a visit with a friend, and time with my Momma. What a full day! The icing on the cake was singing with Ben and the kids. What a blessing they are! I love how the kids are home schooled but especially the fact they are being taught hymns. 

It is well with my soul,
It is well, it is well with my soul.

Hearing them sing these words made my heart just about burst. If you were to ask them what God means to them, you would receive different answers but all of them would be able to clearly explain their relationship with Him. That makes this Grandma so proud. The writer of this song had great loss in his family when he penned this song. The grandchildren had great loss this past August/September with their great grandfather dying and then in a short time Papa Doc dying. They have been through so much yet they know God is in control. I am so grateful for the way they are being raised. I am grateful for the knowledge they not only are being taught how to live for God but they are seeing Ben and Emily live it out as examples for them. Matthew Henry wrote of Jeremiah 17:7:

Those who make God their Hope, shall flourish like a tree always green, whose leaf does not wither. They shall be fixed in peace and satisfaction of mind; they shall not be anxious in a year of drought. Those who make God their Hope, have enough in him to make up the want of all creature-comforts. They shall not cease from yielding fruit in holiness and good works.

Ben and Emily are bearing fruit through the seeds they are planting in their children. We all need to plant seeds in people's lives. We need to be ready to do so every time the Lord presents an opportunity to us. When we live in this manner, we will be blessed. Jeremiah took his words of Jeremiah 17:7 from Psalm 1. It reads in the New International Version:

Blessed is the one
    who does not walk in step with the wicked
or stand in the way that sinners take
    or sit in the company of mockers,
but whose delight is in the law of the Lord,
    and who meditates on his law day and night.
That person is like a tree planted by streams of water,
    which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither—
    whatever they do prospers.

When we live in the way the Lord desires, we will be able to say It Is Well With My Soul. That is my life goal. I pray it will be the life goal of others too.

Dear Jesus,

Thank You for the day yesterday You blessed me with. Sunday School, preaching what You laid on my heart to share, rest time, time with Ben and the kids, a visit with a friend, and my time with Momma. What a full, blessed day! Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me so I can be Christ-like in the day ahead. I pray for safe travels home filled with opportunities to share Your love. Lord, may You shine brightly through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today. Thank You for the way Ben and Emily are raising the grand babies! Thank You for the fun we had yesterday! Oh how I loved spending time with them. I loved singing with them and watching them eat dinner. Precious memories. Thank You for my time with my Momma over these last few days! I pray You will continue to bless her. I also pray blessings over Chrissy's step-father who is having surgery today. May You touch him not only in his physical body but especially in his spiritual body. Thank You Jesus for being My Life Goal! Amen.

No comments: